4 months ago
Join Our South West Technology Hub
Located in the heart of Bristol, a top 10 city in Europe for tech, you will be joining a new team comprising of analysts, creative designers, software engineers and testers, that will provide creative digital and technology services for our clients in the South West and beyond.
Engineering at Deloitte Digital
At Deloitte Digital, our engineers are creative problem solvers. As part of our team you will be responsible for developing cutting-edge digital solutions for some of the largest, most ambitious organisations in the world. We build diverse teams bringing together a wealth of experiences and backgrounds to form the best cross-disciplinary teams. You will have the chance to work with some of the best technologists and strategists in the business, to shape the future of how we live, work and play. What unites us is our passion for world-class user experiences, innovative use of technology, eye-catching visual design and enterprise-level strategies.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Tailored career pathways
Recognising and developing the many diverse skills and interests that exist among our Consulting population allows us to consistently exceed the standards of excellence and innovation that our clients expect. Six Consulting Talent Models have been designed by leaders across 11 member firms and offer truly tailored career development opportunities. Each model is defined by differentiated, relevant learning, measures of success, and career trajectories that combine to help you realise your full potential at Deloitte and future-proof our business.
You have useful, core skills in one or more technologies that you can apply in a project context, and you are starting to move beyond the precise practices you were taught, gaining a better understanding of the underlying principles that make them work. You will take responsibility for your own productivity and begin to take ownership over components within an overall solution. It’s also likely that you will also start to manage and mentor some more junior people on your project.
As an Integration Engineer, you will have responsibility for:
* Engaging with clients to understand their business problems, and proposing solutions
* Designing and executing system integrations using either Mulesoft 3.8+ or Dell Boomi in complex environments
* Designing and building SOAP and RESTful APIs
* Writing implementation and support documentation
* Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
As a full time member of the Technology Hub our aspiration is for you to serve our clients in the South West either from the Hub in central Bristol or when required at client site in the region. We are committed to helping you balance the demands of work with your personal priorities through informal or formal agile working arrangements. You will be supported, if you desire, to take advantage of the opportunities provided by our firm with clients in the UK, Europe and beyond.
Home Location: Bristol
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
We expect you to have skills and experience in the following:
* A minimum of 1 year of software engineering/technical experience with enterprise ESB technologies
* Ability to develop SOAP and REST based APIs
* Understanding of source code management/version control using technologies such as SVN, Git, BitBucket, TFS
* Understanding of service and micro-service design patterns
* Understanding of different data formats (XML, JSON, XSLT, CSV)
* Experience in writing integration specifications documents
The following will be an added advantage:
* A relevant MuleSoft certification (e.g. MuleSoft Certified Developer) or Dell Boomi certification (e.g. Professional Developer)
* Internal or external consultancy experience
* Technical university degree
* In-depth knowledge of 1 to 2 Integration technologies / vendors and/or certifications
* Experience with technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, VMware, RedHat OpenShift
* Experience of setting up cloud hosted development environments
* Experience in DevOps
* Experience in writing integration test cases
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Visit our website to hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
* We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
* We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
* We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
* We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
* We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 158851