7 months ago
Technology is an exciting and thriving area of our consulting practice. We have a diverse practice of over 1800 practitioners working across the UK on challenging engagements across a wide portfolio of clients. Our breadth and depth of technical capabilities enable us to be both trusted advisors and implementation partners.
Systems Integration (SI)
Systems Integration (SI) is one of the core Service Areas in Technology, providing clients with the advice and delivery skills that they need in their complex technology programmes. Our services include Programme Management, Solutions Development & Integration (SD&I) and Testing.
Our SD&I team is focused on enabling clients to overcome the complex challenges when delivering business driven, technology-enabled change across their organisation. Our specialists help clients in designing and implementing fully integrated solutions across the organization’s own walls, and with its external partners, suppliers, and customers. Our end-to-end solutions encompass technology, people and data; span across front, middle and back offices; and are focused on quality, governance and control. We cover all aspects of systems integration including digital solutions, package integration, custom development and infrastructure.
We are a global leader in Cloud Computing and we are growing our team working on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure solutions, helping clients by delivering solutions from hybrid on-premise right through to wholly Cloud based. We are looking for Cloud Engineers with a passion for one or more of:
* Platform Implementation on Cloud
* Bespoke Solution Implementation on Cloud
* Cloud Migration
* Cloud Integration including hybrid on-premise/Cloud
* Cyber Risk Transformation
Reporting to the Delivery Lead / Project Manager, the Cloud Engineer is focused on working with and leading colleagues in the implementation of Cloud based solutions. This can involve both advisory and delivery roles and any of architecting; building; securing; or monitoring; platforms and solutions in the Cloud.
You will collaborate with teams to get our solutions deployed into the Cloud securely. This could involve creating containerised or Cloud development environments through to working with our testing colleagues to analyse the security of a live customer facing system.
This role is an opportunity to stretch your skills in the latest technologies as well as understanding the business imperative for our Cloud solutions.
Your role will have multiple responsibilities depending on the project type. In one project, you might build an application optimised for the cloud, using automation to test and deploy the application into production. In another project, you might convert a manual runbook or provisioning processes and automate them using tools such as Ansible or Terraform. From an operations perspective, you will be required to set up monitoring and alerting for AWS workloads so we can support our clients’ needs on an on-going basis.
* You have a passion for technology
* You will understand what it takes to deliver and support high quality solutions that align to the needs of our clients
* You will develop scripts to automate the deployment of AWS/Azure architecture and solutions
* You will be responsible for securing clients’ systems and protecting their data using best of breed tooling such as Splunk and DataDog
* You will capture and share best-practice knowledge within Deloitte cloud teams
* You will be a problems solver and will troubleshoot and improve existing DevOps processes as well as provide support and advice for development teams
* You will be a self-starter and will actively recommend improvements to applications to increase resilience and performance
* You will be curious and want to develop your knowledge of all the current and future technologies we leverage
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully, there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands.
Your professional experience
We expect you to have skills and experience in the following:
* Experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS), such as EC2, VPC, S3, Cloudfront, Route53
* Experience administering Linux and/or Windows workloads in a Cloud or Virtualised environment
* Experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef or similar
* Demonstrable experience in one or more scripting languages, Bash, Python, PowerShell or similar
* Knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies (Continuous integration, GitHub, Jenkins or similar)
The following will be an added advantage:
* Internal or external consultancy experience
* Solution architecture experience
* Certifications in either AWS or Azure
Additionally, we expect that you possess the following core consulting skills:
* Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
* A solid focus on team working within diverse and remotely located teams
* A "can do" attitude - Hands-on & flexible approach to emerging requirements and a real willingness to learn and participate
* Good communication skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas to different audiences within an organisation, and effectively engage with groups ranging from domain experts to senior functional leads
* Strong documentation ability and excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Consistent track record of prioritised planning to work within tight project planning constraints
* Able to identify risks and issues and provide mitigation approaches
* Enthusiasm and passion for the delivery of market leading solutions that make a difference
* Professional working proficiency in the English language
* Understanding and awareness of the commercial and reputational risks Deloitte may encounter and the appropriate mitigations
Your service line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Visit our website to hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
* We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
* We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
* We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
* We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
* We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 149913