10 months ago
Thales Air Traffic Management (ATM) UK develops, installs and commissions TopSky Air Traffic Centres for customers in the Global market. Each year there are typically 4-6 export contracts and in 2018, there are multiple customer opportunities in Dominican Republic, Uzbekistan, Cyprus, Azerbaijan, and St Maarten.
As a result, our ATM team is always looking for Systems Engineers and Systems Integrators to work on our TopSky project team.
The team has 25 staff working on the delivery of the TopSky ATM Systems and as a Systems Integrator; you will be responsible for configuring and testing TopSky ATC C systems to specific customer requirements. If you have previous experience working on systems integration and testing of Air Traffic Management systems, this is highly desirable as a lot of domain knowledge needs to be learnt in order to perform well, because in this role you will configure and test TopSky ATC C systems in Factory and on customer sites to meet their needs.
To join us, you should have the following skills and experience:
* Linux administration, including software installation and configuration
* Proven experience in the use of software configuration management tools and processes
* Enjoy working on fast moving, short term projects and achieving customer satisfaction
* Ability to work well within a team environment, especially remotely when working at customer sites or different locations to others in the team
* Capable of making minor changes to C/Ada software
* Able to build software under the guidance of experienced software engineers
* Experience of conducting customer acceptances in factory and on site of software based systems
* A professional or personal interest in Air Traffic Manager or Aviation is of great advantage
* Experience of software component testing, including automated testing is desirable due to future project demand.
Due to the ongoing requirements this is a speculative position. But to find out more about working in this growing team, apply today!
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!