10 months ago
Systems Engineering Lead
Systems Engineering Lead- London
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineering Lead to be responsible for capturing acceptance criteria and planning the qualification strategy to enable HS2 to accept that the requirements and design intent being delivered meet the needs and objectives of HS2.
* Develop the strategy, procedures, specifications and assurance plans for the technical assurance of the requirements and design intent being delivered.
* Create the technical assurance regime.
* Apply the assurance activity, particularly in regards to change, design configuration control and capturing of design decisions.
* Engage with the delivery team to capture or define acceptance criteria for design approval, demonstration of capability, acceptance of equipment and operability as appropriate.
* Engage with stakeholders to achieve the delivery of an efficient and effective assurance regime.
* Confirm and manage design and assurance requirements with subcontractors/supply chain.
We’re looking for:
* Chartered Engineer or equivalent
* Demonstrable expertise in the use and application of assurance regimes in major projects
* Proven track record in management and delivery of successful technical assurance of major schemes.
* Knowledge of the rail, construction and utility industries including their requirement and assurance needs
* Good understanding of systems engineering practices
* Design and construction track record and the application of Construction Design Management (CDM) activity
* Auditing practices and demonstrable expertise in qualitative risk assessment.
Our civil engineering team brings its design, build and refurbishment expertise to complex projects across the country. We form strong partnerships with clients and communities to deliver major infrastructure improvements like Crossrail, the Thames Water AMP6 programme and the M25 widening.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Project and Field Engineering
Skanska UK PLC
Please apply before
: Oct 10, 2017, 11:59:00 PM