10 months ago
£26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Category: Graduate Jobs
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
As a Systems Engineering Graduate in QinetiQ, you will join a team of engineers from a range of backgrounds who work across QinetiQ’s business to apply best practice System Engineering principles to our technical projects. System Engineers are responsible for bringing together a wide range of technical inputs to create and lead compelling solutions across the wide range of domains that QinetiQ operates.
Role Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for;
- Developing your System Engineering skills and technical knowledge
- Contributing to technical solutions across a wide range of domains (e.g. maritime, land, cyber, aerospace)
- Leading small technical projects
This will help the future of QinetiQ by:
- Bringing novel thought and applying your knowledge to the development of solutions that meet our customers’ requirements
- Helping us deliver our technical projects by application of systems engineering best practice and emerging methodologies
- Addressing technical challenges across our portfolio of capabilities
- Developing the skills to technically lead complex projects
Graduate Duties & Responsibilities
As a graduate Systems Engineer, you will be expected to undertake a series of placements working on live technical projects within the Systems Engineering discipline and adjacent opportunities to develop your competence; which will be supported by the Early Careers Team. As a member of the Early Careers community and Systems Engineering discipline you will be give development and training opportunities throughout your 2 year programme.
To apply for the role you MUST meet the below criteria;
- A minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a STEM subject or projected to achieve a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in STEM
- Full British Citizenship
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the roles in which you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector, you will also receive:
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Much more!