6 months ago
Altran is recruiting for a Systems Engineering Consultant for either our Bath or London office.
Altran’s Systems Engineering Group delivers advice and support to clients wishing to better manage and deliver their complex systems programmes. Altran is seeking experts in the definition and management of complex systems and programmes to help meet growing demand and contribute to further growth in this field. Opportunities exist on programmes across several industries including defence, security, rail, energy and air traffic management.
Consultants are expected to:
* To deliver leading-edge solutions to clients in the complex systems markets.
* To provide sales support to managers in the winning of systems projects.
* More senior consultants will provide leadership in the development of novel approaches to systems engineering and programme management that increase the value of Altran services and reduce the waste that is introduced in their delivery.
Main purpose of this role:
* Work as part of Altran teams delivering leading-edge solutions to our clients across several industries
* To take a key role in delivering Altran projects and support the development of proposals for new work
* Participate in the generation of innovation within Altran's business.
Roles varies by project but could cover all aspects of the systems life-cycle and could include any or all of the following:
* Formulation of complex programme remits, strategies and plans.
* Definition and analysis of change programmes.
* Identification and analysis of business outcomes and benefits.
* Stakeholder analysis and management.
* Identification of system requirements.
* Generation of systems design or evaluation thereof.
* Conduct of systems feasibility studies.
* Determination or evaluation of integration strategy for large-scale systems.
* Determination or evaluation of validation strategy for large-scale systems.
* Identification and/or introduction of governance systems to meet business objectives.
* Assessment of architectures, or identification of new architectures, to deliver the desired requirements and outcomes.
* A first class or upper second degree in a relevant engineering, mathematics or science discipline – or significant industrial experience
* A further degree (e.g. MSc, or PhD) would not be an unusual qualification for a candidate
* Professional development record demonstrating dedication to the maintenance of skills
* INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification would be an aspiration for a candidate
* Candidates are likely to have at least some working experience with a substantial part of this being in the design and delivery of complex systems
* A sound appreciation of the underlying principles of systems engineering, including requirements engineering, in a complex programme management environment
* An ability to think analytically, rigorously and creatively
* Candidates are likely to be highly customer-focused and have effective oral and written communications, influencing and stakeholder management skills
* An ability to carry out detailed justified work to commercial and technical requirements, and to be able to constructively criticise and assess others’ work
* Knowledge of industry-standard systems engineering tools and techniques
In addition to the culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.