28 days ago
About the role
The Workplace Technology team is responsible for providing the right technology tools to enable Tesco colleagues globally to do their work effortlessly - delivering the best colleague experience, improve agility, productivity, and engagement. In essence, our role is to make the rest of our colleagues as awesome as possible through the brilliant delivery of usable Technology.
Sitting within Infrastructure, the Product families within the Workplace Technology team include; Colleague Devices, Collaboration, Colleague Identity and Workspace.
We are passionate about enabling our colleagues, partners and customers to communicate, collaborate and work effectively; and Workplace Technology provides the tools, systems and services that support this.
Ultimately, we are looking for an individual who is capable of delivering benefit to our stakeholders, improving User Experience, driving value and separating Tesco from its competitors by allowing our colleagues to work, collaborate & innovate in the most effective & frictionless way. As part of the wider Infrastructure Team, the Workplace Technology team design, develop, implement and operate all Identity & Collaboration services.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
* You will be passionate about continuously improving user experience, productivity and collaboration via modern workplace technologies.
* Design, develop, implement and transition to operations large-scale, high-capacity and highly resilient User Identity, Collaboration, productivity apps and security solutions.
* Contribute to the strategy, objectives and high-level plans for Workplace Infrastructure Service in order to best deliver requirements of Tesco Technology and thus the business.
* Driving innovation through transformation and Continual Service Improvement
* Designing, delivering, implementing and operating new and re-usable infrastructure solutions to meet both technological, financial and business requirements. Collaborate with other infrastructure and application teams, to create appropriate infrastructure solutions to facilitate both their and ultimately the business requirements
You will need
Skills / Experience Required
* Overall 6+ years of experience with demonstrated Cloud Engineering skills on the Microsoft Azure platform & office 365 platforms.
* Experience designing and deploying solutions for large, complex global organisations
* Analytical and structured approach to design, process and advanced trouble-shooting
* Work with Architecture to produce and maintain high quality HLD/LLD and maintain standard documentation for area of responsibility.
* Well organised self-starter who takes personal ownership and accountability at required levels of the work stream and project life cycles; willing to go the extra mile at every opportunity
* Builds and maintains positive relationships within and across teams
* Communicates effectively, able to deliver and present both written and verbal, designs, strategies and concepts clearly.
* Take ownership, to keep up-to-date and embrace the latest industry technologies and associated supplier solutions.
Required Technology Skills
* Strong knowledge cloud technologies particularly Office 365 & Azure Active Directory.
* Experience in deployment of cloud based & hybrid workstations.
* Strong knowledge on security of Office 365 and Azure.
* Strong knowledge on Azure Information protection, Intune and other security controls.
* Experience in design, architecture of On-prem and Cloud Active Directory.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of CI / CD processes and tools (Jenkins)
* Strong Experience in PowerShell scripting. Should have experience of administration using Azure CLI, Powershell and shell scripting
* Windows server administration including good knowledge on DNS, DHCP.
* Prior experience using automation tools (ARM), Runbooks, Pipeline configurations.
* Azure certification preferred
* Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
* Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
What’s in it for you
* An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
* Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day.
* A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate.
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
* Buy As You Earn Scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares and save tax after 3 months of service.
* Save As You Earn Scheme which gives you the opportunity to save direct from your pay for three or five years with the option of using your savings to buy Tesco shares at a discounted price after 1 year of service.
* Access to Tesco Learning and Development Academy.
* Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank.
* Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses.
* Cycle to work and Car Share Schemes.
* Onsite discounted Nuffield Health Gym.
* Subsidised Canteen.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining, building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting, then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Technology Centre in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire.