about 1 year ago
You will be responsible for defining integrated circuit (IC) and software requirements to enable solutions for customer products by translating the customer’s needs into detailed design and test specifications. You will play a fundamental role in defining next-generation devices for Cirrus’ haptic generator business and ensuring that those devices meet customer requirements. This is highly visible, highly valued role that offers significant career advancement opportunities and can receive considerable recognition while being part of a close-knit, winning team.
* Collaborate with Tier 1 customers and our Marketing and Design/Development teams to define performance and functional requirements, feature set, and architecture definition for complex mixed signal IC designs involving hardware blocks such as Class AB/D amplifiers, current drivers, buck/boost converters, charge pumps, ADCs/DACs with analog signal conditioning, embedded controllers, and digital signal processing (DSP).
* Consider all product requirements such as customers' needs, hardware/firmware/algorithm requirements and partitioning, packaging options, etc.
* Consider design/system constraints and trades-offs and propose viable solutions.
* Author, review, and update technical documentation and communicate ideas and specifications to technical audiences (internal and external customers).
* Participate in IC/software architecture and design reviews, and board-level design reviews with design engineering, applications, validation and product test engineers.
* Perform thorough competitive analysis including lab investigations
* Participate in industry conferences and forums to ensure device compatibility with adopted standards.
* Travel approximately 2 – 5 weeks per year, both domestically and abroad, to interface directly with our customers.
* Autonomously manage competing customer- and project-related priorities.
Required Skills and Qualifications
* BS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in architecting, specifying, and designing mixed signal integrated circuits and firmware/software for applications in portable electronic products such as smartphones, tablets, wearables, hearables, etc.
* Experience with a wide range of applications/technology used in mobile products such as audio, autofocus and optical image stabilization, voice coil or other motor drivers/control, MEMS, inertial/light/pressure/magnetic/force sensors, haptics, capacitive touch, wireless radios/protocols, USB or other complex serial bus protocols, etc.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* MS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience
* Experience with user experience(UX)/interface(UI) design in a mobile product
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.