15 days ago
Systems Engineer - Bot Systems
at Ocado Group
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, UK
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
In the Bot System Engineering team our mission is to promote system thinking and drive innovation in Ocado’s disruptive environment. We’re trailblazing when it comes to robotics and automated logistics solutions and with our rapid company growth, now’s the time to join us and be part of the ‘Ocado Revolution’. We’re looking for passionate engineers to join us, who will contribute to development of high quality bot motion control solutions by managing bot requirements, promoting system understanding and influencing design decisions.
How you’ll spend your days…
* Full Systems Lifecycle on products and subsystems to challenging timelines
* Defining the Use Cases, system functions and architecture for a product or subsystem
* Developing a comprehensive set of requirements for a product and its subsystems, capturing requirements across all domains i.e. safety, reliability, standards compliance
* Analysing the system performance against requirements and driving design decisions
* Capturing the systems architecture and design decisions
* Supporting verification of the product/subsystem (define tests, review results)
* Providing technical interfaces to suppliers and validating the compliance with a system of new hardware components.
* Representing Bot Control System group in technical forums and influence decision making process on Design sessions
* Pioneering adoption of Model Based Systems Engineering within Ocado
* Getting your hands dirty - integrating solutions, proving concepts and solving those little challenges on the way.
We’d love to talk to you if you have...
* Experience working within a systems engineering environment
* Requirements management experience
* Interface documentation development/maintenance
* Architecture design
* Tradeoff analysis
Bonus points if you also have...
* Degree qualified or equivalent
* Experience of system engineering practices in developing complex automated products
* Technical background in mechatronics
* Good understanding of agile methodology
* Full systems engineering lifecycle experience
* Experience of MBSE with working knowledge of SysML/UML
What we can offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.