5 months ago
Job ID--******Date posted 07/08/2020
Location London, England; Bristol, England; Gloucester, England
Additional Locations GBR - Bristol, UK;GBR - Gloucester, UK
Company The Boeing Company
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK Ltd have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Systems Engineer within their Cyber, Intelligence and Analytics team. The role will involve working directly with a National Security customer to support and influence the shape of solutions that are of national importance.
As a Systems Engineer you will be at the leading edge of our operational work with the National Security customer, collaborating closely with them in multi-function teams to design and assure solutions to their technology, process or service based problems. This role can be based in either Cheltenham or Central London.
As a successful candidate you will join an established Boeing team of likeminded peers, from all business Functions, who will support your development in your new role, to make sure you are successful and in your career with the Boeing Company as you grow as a valued employee. Though very much part of the Boeing team, you will also find yourself in the privileged position of working directly with our Government customer, at the core of an integrated programme or project team, addressing problems and opportunities of importance to the nation. Whether you are looking for rapid career growth, stability within a supportive team, or intellectual challenge, we will do our utmost to develop you to ensure you have the opportunity to enjoy a full career with the Boeing Company.
At Boeing we’re committed to rewarding excellence and fostering an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged. This is particularly relevant in the Government Services Team which encapsulates all of the advantages of being a small agile Business Unit but with the security and opportunities of working for one of the world’s largest corporations.
As a Boeing Systems Engineer you will be working very closely with our National Security customer to help them design and assure solutions to complex problems and to deliver change while it is relevant to national issues. This will involve working directly with the operational practitioner, supported by a multi-function Boeing team of Business Analysts, Project Managers, Security and Data Analytic experts, to understand, define, model and capture the design for change and to manage the verification and validation of the final solution. As part of the Boeing team you will be mentored by a senior Systems Engineer but will be expected to provide engineering excellence in every task you are given across the full extent of the “Systems Engineering V”
To achieve this the ideal candidate will expected to:
* Own defined tasks across the “Systems Engineering V” and drive excellence into all stages from Requirements elicitation and capture to solution validation
* Work confidently in the technology space and rapidly develop a knowledge of Agile practices from the writing of user experiences (UX) and user stories, to the sketching of wireframes and Agile project management process.
* Undertake stakeholder engagement alone and to own relationships with the Business Client
* Build relationships with customers and other members of the team and be prepared to support your senior Systems Engineer in influencing the direction of projects to ensure the desired aims are achieved and underpinned by Engineering Excellence
* Work collaboratively with third parties to deliver effective change while managing changing user needs within a project life cycle
* Experience working in Engineering Design in the technology sector OR a recognised STEM qualification achieved through further education
* Problem solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* We welcome applications from candidates who have taken a graduate, further education or apprenticeship route in an Engineering or Software discipline
* Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, Scrum Management, Epic and Sprint, MPV Management
* Experience in Cyber, Security, Policing, Commercial Cyber Solutions
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll. CA
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security Clearance for which the UK Government requires UK Citizenship. PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will hold, or have the ability to obtain, Security Clearance (DV)
Visa Status and Relocation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Relocation benefits are not available. Successful candidates must have existing / ability to obtain legal authorisation to work in the UK for continued employment.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Experience Level: Individual Contributor
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.