4 months ago
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
* Due to expansion we are recruiting for a Systems Engineer who can undertake both front-end lifecycle System Requirements & Design tasks, but who is equally capable of undertaking back-end Integration, Verification and Validation activities. With the opportunity to work across multiple projects at varies stages of the lifecycle including new and existing projects this is truly a varied role.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
* As part of a large Systems Engineering department the Systems Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of systems engineering lifecycle activities.
Tasks will include:
* Engineering Work Package Management
* Requirements capture & management: Capture Customer & End user needs and distil into Functional and non-functional requirements. Manage the derivation & flow-down of lower-level (Subsystem / component) Requirements.
* System Architecture definition: from the agreed System requirements, assist in the definition of candidate system architectures. Undertake candidate trade-off studies / Decision Analysis to arrive at agreed Functional & Physical Solution Architecture
* System Design: create detailed system / subsystem designs.
* Integration strategy: Assist with deriving a risk-based integration strategy i.e. one where the highest technical risks are driven out via early integration within the overall system solution
* Write / Review & Execute Integration test scripts
* Support the establishment of automated testing on allocated projects
* Propose improvements to IV&V tools and processes
* Good working knowledge of DOORS and how this tool is used to facilitate successful change management and acceptance.
* Working knowledge of Design tools (e.g. Rhapsody)
* Working knowledge of test tools (esp. automated test tools) and test data generation techniques.
* To be competent in the use of Microsoft Office
* Previous experience working within a Systems Engineering environment.
* Experience gained in either a solution design or IVV role, with demonstrable, practical experience of these – preferably on a complex software-centric projects
The successful candidate will need to be able to gain SC clearance. We will consider a relocation package for the right individual.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!