5 months ago
Location: Cheadle, United Kingdom
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Primary Purpose of Role
The Systems Engineering team at Cheadle Heath carry out Systems Engineering activities covering the full lifecycle for Submarine, Surface Ships and Airborne Sonar and Command and Control systems. 1 vacancy has arisen for an experienced Systems Engineer, primarily to work within the Submarine domain, on both domestic and export programmes.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
* System definition activities – requirements definition, functional and physical definitions
* Preparation and presentation of system level design reviews
* Monitoring of emerging detailed design within various implementation teams – acoustic, hardware, mechanical, software etc
* IVVQ planning and execution, including platform trials from time-to-time
* Requirements sell-off and contract acceptance with customer
* Customer and end-user liaison
* Analysis of system performance
* Alignment of Product vs Project
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
* Demonstrable relevant systems engineering experience ideally in the defence industry
* Strong analytical abilities with a methodical approach
* Higher level Degree/Doctorate, or equivalent.
* Chartered Engineer, or equivalent
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!