8 months ago
Crawley, England, United Kingdom
Area of Interest
What You'll Do
Do you love technology? Have a real passion for working together to build new systems? Then working as a Systems Engineer at Cisco will be like a kid in a candy store.
You will work at Cisco’s BroadCloud Systems Engineering team and will focus on operating the infrastructure required to deliver our products effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience.
You'll have the opportunity to impact the health and performance of both Data Centre and Cloud based environments that we support are limitless. You will embrace the challenge of working and developing as part of a team at the heart of the BroadCloud platform management.
Also, you will:
* Perform business as usual tasks – monitoring, back-ups and patching.
* Work on Infrastructure automation.
* Be responsible for Server Systems Administration.
* Work with new Cisco technologies such as HyperFlex and UCS.
* Support infrastructure expansion in both new and existing regions.
* Support a range virtualised systems on on-premise (VMware) and PublicCloud (GCP).
Who You'll Work With
You will be working within a globally distributed, dynamic team, working to build next-generation Compute and Storage platforms. Making use of the best Cisco has to offer by integrating these products with the wider spectrum of 3rd Party services to provide a best in class Cloud service.
Who You Are
You are ambitious and set high expectations for yourself. You take ownership and embrace the small stuff. You flourish on constructive feedback. You insist that facts drive decisions. You deliver results that matter.
* You have 2 – 5 years experience in an IT/Data Centre/Systems Administration role, perhaps within a smaller organisation.
* You can build on these skills and take the next step of career towards working on large (3000+ servers) and far-reaching global platform.
* Experience working with an enterprise backup product – for example NetBackup
* Experience performing patching and maintenance of critical systems
- Basic understanding of scripting and/or programming - for example *NIX shell, Python or PowerShell
* Systems and Network monitoring systems
* Basic networking skills and familiarity with Unix/Linux systems including CLI used in checking component status and logs
* Oral and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with groups of people when needed
* Experience deploying servers, both virtualised and physical.
* Knowledge of at least one public cloud
* Any previous experience with automation tools, such as Ansible, is a bonus
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.