about 1 year ago
Primary Purpose of the Role:
Thales Maritime Mission Systems Customer Support and Services provides support and upgrades for in-service sonar systems for the UK Royal Navy and export customers. An increase in workload has created an opportunity for an experienced systems engineer to join the team. The work includes support to ongoing tasks in support of other sonars and system design on new products and support services. It may include visits to platforms and dockyards in the UK. In addition to direct systems engineering activities, there will be some work in assisting with the technical management of tasks undertaken elsewhere in the team. This will including planning the work, monitoring progress and updating the plans.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Design of modifications to in-service sonars, test equipment, support services and products
- Documentation updates for in-service sonars
- Harbour trials for modification to in-service sonars
- Investigation of defects in in-service sonars.
- Provision of advice to customers, dockyards and end-users.
- Assessment of options for obsolescence management.
- Assisting with the management and planning of tasks undertaken by other team members
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Systems Engineering and System Design – ability to write design documentation
- Self-starter – able to take a task and run with it with minimal supervision
- Word, Excel
- Systems Engineering – design, testing, documentation, IVVQ, Requirements Engineering
- Fault Finding on complex systems
- BSC or HNC or similar equivalent qualification in Electronics Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar subject.
Values & Behaviours:
- Focus on Customers - As Customer Support and Services our work is very customer focussed and there is often direct contact with the customer at many levels – MoD civil servant, uniformed end user.
- Perform through teaming – as above we have a small and mutually supportive team. We are looking for people to fit into the team and continue its culture of “getting on with it”, exchange of ideas and support.
- Innovate – Innovation is always welcome – we are looking for innovative ways to support our customers.
- Develop our people. The role will not involve supervising other staff. However advice and assistance with development is always welcome.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!