about 1 month ago
Systems Design Engineer (Verification & Validation)
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Systems Design Engineer (Verification & Validation) Sea Viper
Location: Filton, Bristol
The C2 Command & Control subsystem is the ‘heart and brains’ of the Sea Viper and Sea Ceptor air defence weapons systems, which are currently in service with the Royal Navy’s Type 23 and Type 45 surface ships. These highly complex systems control target analysis and acquisition, communication, and launch, and the C2 team at MBDA is responsible for the design, development, and on-going support and upgrades.
You’ll be joining a supportive, highly experienced, technical team as a Systems Design Engineer where you’ll be supporting the verification and validation activities for the Sea Viper upgrade programme.
What will you be doing?
* Supporting the C2 Verification and Validation lead on defining the verification strategy for the C2 on the various outstanding projects.
* Defining and producing the test specifications and success criteria for C2 subsystem verification evidence.
* Supporting investigation into complex issues resulting from testing. Requires ability to analyse complex data to determine route cause of problems.
* Communicating effectively with the C2 software team for the development and implementation of the test scenarios.
* Developing and proposing innovative approaches and utilising the latest tools.
What are we looking for?
* Previous experience of supporting or leading verification & validation activities in complex systems engineering programmes
* A good understanding of systems engineering principles and the engineering V-Model
* Typically, we would expect candidates to have an engineering or science related degree (or equivalent level of professional experience)
What else would be beneficial?
* Previous experience in defence or a similar industry, or experience with similar technologies (e.g. control systems within the automotive industry or avionics)
* Knowledge of supporting software development (you don’t have to be an expert as you’ll be working with dedicated software teams)
* Hands-on experience with SysML, Rhapsody, and DOORS (but we’ll provide training where needed)
What’s in it for you?
* The work undertaken at MBDA is cutting edge and new: you would be part of an innovative team creating new products that push the boundaries to achieve requirements
* You would be working on flagship programmes that represent very significant investments by our customers, and the culmination of research investment by MBDA, to create real capability to be used to defend our armed forces.
* The role provides the opportunity to develop the experience and skills for further career progression. There are excellent training opportunities in a broad range of relevant subjects, achieved through formal training courses and on-the-job training.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
What’s great about the team?
* You will be joining a project team responsible for the development of a key subsystem, within a new air-defence weapon system, that will meet the future capability needs of the UK Armed Forces. The work undertaken by you and the team will contribute to real equipment in use for many years to come.
* Challenges will arise frequently that will demand generation of new technical solutions and agreeing the way forward to maintain the project pace.
* Have ready access to in-house experts to supplement knowledge and operate in a matrix organisation providing access to training and career development.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.