about 1 year ago
Role Title and Location: Systems Design Engineer, Stevenage
Job Ref No: P7173
MBDA Level: Level 3 or 4 (depending on experience)
Reports to: Team Leader / Systems Design Lead
This is an opportunity for a systems design engineer with experience in requirements management and systems architecture design to develop the technical requirements and systems design for the seeker, a key sub-system of a missile.
This is a role where good communication is vital from ensuring that the seeker design is understood by the internal missile design teams, to liaising with the hardware designers in performance trade-offs, and ensuring that the software and firmware interfaces are clearly defined.
The role includes:
* Requirements analysis and requirements management – assess customer requirements, derive combined requirements to meet overall performance, requirement flow-down and justification.
* Architecture definition and assessment – develop and maintain seeker system architecture model in Rhapsody, define system architecture flow down to sub-systems, carry out system functional and behavioural studies. Perform trade-off studies.
* Hardware, firmware and software requirements definition – carry out design studies and derive sub-system requirements, interfaces and constraints.
* Providing support to integration and testing team in capturing test requirements and plans in DOORS.
* Configuration control of the design definition using the approved company tools.
What’s in it for you?
* You will be working on a real product or concept making a direct contribution to MBDA’s overall business objectives.
* You will be involved in the design, development and proving of some of the key MBDA UK products throughout the product lifecycle from concept to in service support.
* You will be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative concepts for future RF seekers.
* In addition to your core skills, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in RF seeker technologies, system engineering design practices and project management.
* There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of cross-functional working, seeker testing and trials.
* A mixture of formal courses and on the job training will be available to introduce new concepts and build on existing skills and experience.
What’s great about the team?
* The project is supplying seekers into two missile programmes to tight deadlines. One programme is enhancing the capability of an existing product while the other is a new missile design.
* RF Seeker Systems Engineers provide the main technical focus for RF Seeker sub-system developments and interface with internal and external customers and suppliers on technical issues.
* The design team have a proven track record in understanding and designing RF Seeker sub-systems to meet demanding customer needs and constantly develop new technologies aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our products.
What are we looking for?
Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with the following skills and experience:
* Experience in systems requirement analysis
* Experience in developing system architecture models
* Experience in configuration control of requirements
* Have good communication skills and be proactive in seeking solutions to problems
* Show an ability to build good working relationship with team members and other functions/departments
* Be able to work autonomously and as a member of the team
* Have a willingness to learn about the project, tools & methods
* Demonstrate persistence to get the job done
* Experience in requirements verification
* Experience in DOORS or other Requirements Management tool
* Experience in Rhapsody or other SysML tool
* Awareness of hardware, firmware or software design constraints
* Awareness of radar systems, control systems or digital signal processing
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).