9 days ago
Systems Design Engineer Graduate 2021
Systems Design GraduateEngineer
Systems Design Engineers work within the design community, defining the specifications for developing missile and weapon systems within either the Missile Design or Weapon System Design divisions. We deliver systems engineering at each stage of the product development life-cycle ranging from understanding the required system behaviours, system design and specification, through to integration, test, and analysis of achieved system performance.
What's the opportunity?
Systems DesignGraduates get involved in:
* Conceptualising new products and technologies.
* Investigating interesting scientific principals and breakthroughs.
* Delivering new capabilities through developing state of the art technology.
* Conducting system studies to define the weapon systems of tomorrow.
* Writing system and sub-system level specifications.
* Developing and managing requirements.
* Proving, validation and certification.
* Simulating weapon system performance and analysing missile trials data.
* Planning, modelling and adapting missile routes, both pre-flight and during flight, to optimise the effectiveness of the weapon.
Systems Design engineers also encounter unique opportunities such as engaging with the Military to define & develop both current& future weapon systems.
On your programme you will complete4 xsix-month placements working in a variety of projects at different stages in their lifecycle from future capabilities to in-service products. These placements will enable you to experience different aspects of Systems Engineering, providing you with the scope to choose your future career based on interests and skills you already have, or ones you wish to learn and development during the 2 years.
There is an opportunity to do one six-month placement in another part of the company, outside of Systems Engineering, potentially even in one of MBDA's international offices (dependent on availability). Alternatively you could arrange a placement with a company related to MBDA; a supplier, MoD, Air Warfare Centre (dependent on availability).
Through the programme, you will develop an understanding of a missile weapon system; from the warhead to the seeker in the missile to the wider weapon system components. You'll liaise with external stakeholders, subcontractors and government customers and gain experience of many systems engineering methods such as Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Matlab and Simulink.
There may be opportunities to travel both within the U.K and internationally and collaborate with other MBDA employees based in France, Germany and Italy.
You'll be supported by experienced and talented engineers to work towards Chartership (100% of fees paid during Grad scheme).
What's in it for you?
You'll no doubt have seen all the information on our website about our comprehensive and customisable benefits package. For a reminder click here.
Whatare we looking for?
* Degree qualified by in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or similar STEM subject at minimum 2.2 level.
* The ability to work with complex problems to derive logical solutions to inform design decisions.
* Strong attention to detail - the specifications define the Missile to be built, your input will impact the performance of the final product and attention to detail is vital.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in the UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required.