about 1 month ago
Systems Analyst 3-IT-21000CUW Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
The Oracle Hospitality Cloud Application Engineering team is a mission critical team for providing exceptional customer experience for all cloud application services within Oracle’s industry leading hotel product portfolio. We are seeking experienced technologists to join our speciality team focused on supporting custom customer implementations and our global efforts to migrate all customers into Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) data centers. This specialty team, within our AMS organization, supports our highest priority projects and initiatives.
As part of the AMS team, you will be continually challenged and directly contribute to the success of Oracle Hospitality cloud application service offerings. On a daily basis, you will work closely with Oracle customer and project teams, product engineering, and internal cloud infrastructure partners.
As an Application Engineer, you will solve interesting technical challenges by defining, deploying and troubleshooting key HGBU products, cloud services, platforms, and infrastructure, always thinking about stability, completeness, security, and performance.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
Operations Engineering – contribute to day-to-day operations and continuous improvement of cloud service migration solutions, service monitoring, incident response, resolution, performance, scalability and availability. Work assigned projects and requests with highest level of professionalism and timely response. Work with your peers to continually improve skills and experience of the entire organization.
Service Ownership – Understand, and be able to communicate, cloud application service architecture, data and transaction workflows, system performance, scalability, reliability and performance attributes. Participate in thorough post-mortem investigations for incidents, changes, and degradations. Apply learnings into continuous improvement and knowledge sharing initiatives.
AMS are accountable for the end-to-end performance and operability of the services they own. Attention to detail and sound judgement are needed to ensure overall service availability and proper change control.
Custom Solution Design –partner with pre-sales and consulting teams in determining optimal solutions to meet customer requirements. Work with product teams to incorporate common requests for customer design into core product solutions.
Automation – demonstrate clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles and leverage this knowledge to create value add services that will reduce our application engineering resource toil and improve overall customer experience by reducing the downtime needed for planned change activity. Automation must be part of your DNA.
Broad Interest and Experience – our Hospitality Cloud Operations team consists of hotel application experts, system administrators, application developers, middleware, database, performance, build and site reliability engineers. Resources across our organization understand, and can articulate, the operational impacts and considerations for continued product and architecture launches. They are driven by prioritizing customer experience and protecting service availability. Resources are results driven and demonstrate continued curiosity and a desire to continuously improve Oracle Hospitality technologies and services.
* Build and install application platforms and environments as per defined standards.
* Document and share application engineering standards – specifically Hotel applications to ensure standardization and optimization of procedures and processes
* Prepare maintenance run books and validate in test environment as readiness for production implementation
* Roll up the sleeves in troubleshooting and help junior engineers with incident management
* Configure build/automation installation scripts for key Hotel applications and deliver as per project plans (Oracle Enterprise Manager, Chef, Rundeck etc.)
* Lead the implementation of new customer environments in both Windows & Linux
* Create and contribute to an environment that is geared to innovation, high productivity, high quality and customer service
Ideal Qualification/ Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or computer related field
* 5 - 8 years related experience of a best-in-class cloud or hosting organization (preferably Hospitality, Food & Beverage, or eCommerce)
* Have a broad, strong technical knowledge which encompasses Application operations including deployment, Release automation, Platform architecture, Database, Network, Linux/Windows, Load-balancing / Clustering and Security
* Have detailed knowledge of applications built using some or all of Apache, WebLogic, Java, OBIEE, Fusion Middleware, Oracle database, Oracle Access Manager, Oracle Identity Manager, and Oracle Identity Directory
* Methodical approach to troubleshooting and analysing complex solutions and challenges to enable enhanced system reliability, availability and scalability.
* Knowledge of networking and security i.e. Certificates, DNS records, Load Balancers (F5 / LbaaS/NGINX), subnets, TLS, SSL, SAML, TCP/IP / Wireshark
* Experience with scripting language such as PERL, UNIX Shell scripting and batch files.
* Continuously improve understanding and skill competency for emerging technologies and Oracle Cloud Application sustaining operations. Keep up to date with technologies and direction the industry is working today.
* Possess proven track record working effectively under high-velocity, high-scale operational conditionals
* Possess strong results-oriented mindset and ability to take ownership to drive through completion
* Demonstrate highest standards with respect to professional and courteous treatment of others
* Be a team player, going above and beyond, in taking additional responsibilities
* Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through other internal and external organizations and individuals (a track record of delivering results within a matrix business environment)
* Ability to learn quickly and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
* Knowledge and experience of Observability and Observability enabling tools is preferred
* Knowledge of the JVM and be able to monitor performance, use of profilers, APM, Flight Recorders and offer guidance on improvement
* Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet/Chef/Run Deck or an equivalent
* Most importantly, the aptitude to be a team player with the willingness to learn and implement new Cloud technologiesDetailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Hospitality Cloud AMS organization, you will take an active role in the execution of application and infrastructure installs and upgrades, incident response, system performance and availability initiatives, customer migrations, custom service offerings, and continuously improving standard practices and procedures.
Work is non-routine and complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 5+ years of cloud application engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTE: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship will be considered.Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Be a part of the E-Business Suite success story. Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
Work closely with Oracle's internal business and development teams to drive the technical/functional global implementation of Oracle's applications internally. The main responsibilities may include: Manage all aspects of internal deployment projects and work closely with the internal teams on status, issues and communications. Define business specifications with the internal user community for the global deployment of the application. Define and drive business specifications for product and component integration points. Map standard application functionality to global/local business specifications. Manage product gaps from business specifications to product enhancement and/or business process change. Gather specifications and drive solutions from a global perspective across the e-Business Suite. Define product enhancements to drive solutions across the e-Business Suite for all customers. Manage product setup definition and configuration along with internal business process teams. Manage all aspect of product rollout and coordination with internal teams. Define specifications for data migration from legacy systems into newer applications. Define specifications for data interfaces between applications for product rollouts. Manage user acceptance testing and transfer of information to internal teams. Provide technical support for implemented applications; diagnosing and reporting bugs, applying patches and upgrades as needed. Establish priorities for feasibility studies, systems design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company*s information processing systems. Coordinate with functional departments involved to collect system specifications, techniques, and controls. Interact with senior management within Product Development, Business organizations and Global IT.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 2-4 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Information Technology
Other Locations: GB-GB, UK-Reading, IE-IE,Ireland-Galway, RO-RO,Romania-Bucharest
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire