about 1 month ago
Systems Administrator- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Security Clearance required - NSC-20000PNG Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Security Clearance desirable or eligibility to be security cleared
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is building the next generation IaaS cloud service along with providing a world class cloud support experience. We are building a team of energetic, customer-focused service operations engineers to blending system admin, incident command, customer support and NOC engineering disciplines. You’ll be part of a dynamic team that learns broadly how our cloud platform works so you can be the bridge between product engineering and our partners.
As part of the broader Engineering organization, you will act as the voice of the customer to influence product features and plans to improve the customer experience. This role is integral to the success of our customer relationships and is critical to the success of the platform.
This role will support Oracle’s dedicated UK Government Regions 24/7 x 365.
The Technical Operations Engineer will work a 24/7 shift rotation, including nights and weekends.
* Operates and performs maintenance to services running within the region through the use of Runbooks.
* Deploys code and executes other changes within the region.
* Ensures timely resolution and documentation of incidents through bridges.
* Ensures thorough documentation of incidents through company-standard reporting methods.
* Monitors the region for faults, alarms, and other errors. Informs internal teams as required through process and procedure.
* Act as lead/mentor for other service operators.
* Act as a point of escalation for incidents and other issues arising within the region.
* Operates and performs maintenance to services running within the region.
* Troubleshoots operational issues on behalf of service teams.
* Customer Support Service Request handling via Support Portal (My Oracle Support) and Phone.
* Auto-cut Operations ticket handling (JIRA).
* Ability to maintain a UK government security clearance.
* Bachelor’s degree, in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
* Experience with Linux.
* Experience deploying code within change management procedures.
* Experience participating in or running incident bridges.
* Customer obsession, passion for delighting customers.
* Understanding of cloud concepts and platforms.
* Experience in cloud technical support, operations, NOC or similar is preferred, but not required.
* Proven ability to quickly learn new technical domains and then train others.
* Great verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong understanding of cloud concepts and platforms.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for the operation of production environments, including systems and databases, supporting critical business operations. Will perform administration and analysis for multiple production environments and recommend new and novel solutions to improve availability, performance, and supportability. This is an opportunity to bring a combination of deep technical knowledge with administration/analysis knowledge of Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure to provide escalation support to a wide range of complex production environment problems related to immense growth, scaling, leveraging the cloud, extremely high performance, and high availability requirements.
Install, monitor, maintain, support, and optimize all production server hardware and software. Provide escalated technical support for complex technical issues which may include leading problem management cases and providing management status. Coordinate escalated support cases and lead appropriate internal technical resources and/or third party vendors to resolution and coordinate a storage infrastructure of Oracle system and database appliances. Responsible for Oracle production environments; assist with server operating system and application upgrades, bug fixes, and patching; and work on standardization projects for both hardware and software under the Oracle technology stack while providing consistent system uptime as expected in a Cloud environment. Provide on-call support, on a rotating basis.
BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience. Identifies solutions in Technical Infrastructure support and server administration in a mid-sized environment; supporting and troubleshooting distributed applications, software, and operating systems; and administering and troubleshooting issues with messaging middleware and message brokers. Knowledge of enterprise platforms. Desire to keep up with modern technology and make recommendations. Knowledge of network architecture and protocols. Experience with enterprise administrative scripting using a major scripting language and experience with software deployment. Travel may be required in accordance with business needs. Related technical experience may be substituted for degree requirements, including Infrastructure support and server administration; supporting and troubleshooting distributed applications, software, and operating systems. Advanced knowledge of network architecture and protocols. Strong experience with enterprise administrative scripting using a major scripting language. 5+ years or more of related technical experience may be substituted for degree requirements, including Infrastructure support and server administration; supporting and troubleshooting distributed applications, software, and operating systems.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Product Development
Location: GB-United Kingdom
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire