10 months ago
System Support Engineer - IT/Software - 003ZLY
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Responsible for providing technical support on Eurotherm systems and solutions business for the UK & Ireland, Eurotherm group companies and partners across the world.
Geographical areas of responsibility are:
End users - UK & Ireland, Groups Companies & Partners – rest of world.
The role may require travel within the UK and overseas.
The successful candidate will be required to work a rota 24/7 shift pattern (typically 1 in 4).
· Provide technical support and breakdown coordination to Eurotherm Service Contract Customers and other customers.
* Arrange Preventative Maintenance work for Service Contract customers.
* Maintain logistics support for Parts management business.
* Commissioning of systems and projects.
* Breakdown response were technical expertise or logistics require.
* On-site technical expertise support.
* Delivery of training courses to end users and Eurotherm personnel.
* Specification and delivery of small solutions and systems.
* 1st and 2nd level technical support of Eurotherm system based products and the systems themselves.
* Liaise with R&D to provide solutions to complex technical problems.
* Support for field service engineers operating in the field both during working hours and outside working hours when on duty.
* Act as Duty support Engineer covering the On call duty’s on a 1 week in 4 basis.
* Provide assistance to the workshop and Service Centre for the repair of computer system components and instrumentation Occasional off-shore (oil platform) or overseas work.
* Nominated non-support activities required by the Technical Support Manager or Teamleader.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of many, if not all, of the following.
* Ideally the candidate will have knowledge of process control applications for one or more of the following industries; Metals & Heat Treatment, Pharmaceutical, Glass, Oil & Gas, Power, Plastics and Waste & Water.
* Must have a broad knowledge of industrial instrumentation.
* Computer hardware and architecture.
* Database SQLServer or MSAccess programming/support experience
* Programming or scripting language experience
* Wonderware ArchestrA System Platform
* Managed switches (Cisco, Schneider Electric, Hirschmann etc).
* Thin clients + Terminal servers
* SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
* Server Virtualisation – Using VMWare ESXi for example
* Windows Servers/domains – Good understanding of topology, ability to design architectures and to diagnose issues
· Degree preferred but will consider HND with experience in a relevant computer science / electronics engineering discipline.
· Years of experience: 3 to 5 years of experience with majority in networking/IT and exposure to industrial control.
· Networking/IT: Focus on Software side, managing cybersecurity for industrial controls.
· Microsoft/Cisco certification is a plus
· Strong interpersonal/communications skills as the role requires someone to work with external customers and clients both on C-Suite level and support side.
* Must be able to effectively communicate in the English language.
* Technical competence with excellent diagnostic and analytical skills.
* Ability to work calmly and logically in difficult conditions.
* Self-motivated and good organizational.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric :
What we offer:
Schneider Electric believes in rewarding and recognising employees who contribute to the success of the Company. Our rewards programs are designed for employees who are aligned to our strategy, engaged and successfully contributing to the organisational goals. These philosophies, as well as our desire to care for you and your family, form the basis of our Total Rewards offer.
We offer a wide-ranging reward package that goes far beyond your monthly salary including a generous holiday entitlement, defined contribution pension scheme and a range of supplementary benefits that are market competitive.
This is a great opportunity to join Schneider Electric and power your career ! You will be joining an international, dynamic, and responsible company, with an enviable reputation in the market. Schneider fosters the development of all its’ people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please apply on line.