about 1 year ago
For over a 100 years, Boeing has been making the impossible, possible. From producing a single canvas-and-wood airplane to transforming how we fly over oceans and into the stars, Boeing has become the world's largest aerospace
company. And we're just getting started; especially in the UK.
The partnership between Boeing and the UK dates back to the 1930’s and continues to get stronger and deeper, with UK jobs, skills and opportunities being constantly generated to support major UK programmes such as Apache, Chinook, C-17, P-8, ScanEagle, Support Chain Information Services, Government Services and Staffordshire Police, to mention a few.
Boeing has doubled its UK workforce in the last five years to more than 2,000 employees. This growth continues in 2017. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Reporting to the P8 Lead Safety Engineer, participate in System Safety engineering for the P8 programme.
The role has the following key responsibilities:
1. Participate in the development of new or the review of pre-existing System Safety artefacts and associated documentation to support creation of the P8 Safety Case.
a. Project/Programme Safety Management Plans.
b. Hazard Identification including:
i. Preliminary Hazard Identification (PHI)
ii. Functional Hazard Assessments (FHA)
iii. Operating and Support Hazard Analysis (OSHA)
iv. Occupational Health Hazard Analysis (OHHA)
c. Platform Risk to Life / Loss of Aircraft Model
i. Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) using Reliability Workbench
ii. Event Tree Analysis (ETA) using Reliability Workbench
iii. Zonal Safety Assessment (ZSA)
iv. Common Cause Analysis (CCA)
d. Hazard Logs using the CASSANDRA Hazard Log tool.
e. Safety Cases, Safety Case Reports and Safety Arguments using either Claims, Argument Evidence or Goal Structuring Notation within the Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment (ASCE).
2. Liaise with other Boeing, customer and supplier technical disciplines to ensure appropriate evidence is available to support the Safety Case
3. Proactively support customer safety meetings and participate in System Safety Working Groups
4. Assist the programme planning and support for safety activities
5. Identify, monitor and execute risks, issues and opportunities and support the lead safety engineer in development of mitigation plans
6. Support the further development, maintenance, review and update of safety processes
Other job responsibilities may include assistance with the implementation of the BDUK Safety Management System within Aircraft Support and support the development of systems engineering products, Export Compliance (technical support of Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA's).
The role may shift to the support of other aircraft types as required by the needs of the business.
• Degree in Engineering (or equivalent technical qualifications and work experience)
• Experience performing Safety Assessments in the Aerospace or Defence domains.
• Previous industry Safety Engineering experience in the application of Def Stan 00-56 and current MAA safety policy and requirements in a military aircraft context
• Experience developing and in-service management of Safety Cases, Hazard Logs and aircraft loss models
• Experience with the use of common safety tools, specifically CASSANDRA, Adelard ASCE and Reliability Workbench/Fault Tree +
• Experience using MoD’s ASIMS/DASORs for in-service occurrence monitoring and trending
• Able to effectively identify and execute opportunities to improve strategies, processes and project plans
• The candidate should possess strong communication skills and technical competency
• The role will have significant UK MoD customer, supplier and wider Boeing interface and therefore a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is essential
• Knowledge of Military Fixed Wing Aviation
• Product knowledge of the Boeing 737 series aircraft
Travel within the UK and to the USA is expected to occur during the program.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
BDS Global Operations
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Degree in Engineering (or equivalent technical qualifications and work experience)
Formal system safety training
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award