19 days ago
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £45,200 - £67,800 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
What is the Role?
As our System Operations Manager you will:
- Manage the Business-As-Usual activities of the Distribution Control team, to ensure the safe operation of the North of Scotland Distribution system.
- Ensure our customers remain at the core of all decision making, by providing excellent customer service, driving performance and making sure value is delivered, whilst meeting or exceeding customer and regulator expectations.
- Effectively manage the network, minimising impacts on customers and the Interruptions Incentive Scheme.
- Prioritise safe working throughout the Control Team, whilst delivering on business targets e.g. Customer Interruptions and Customer Minutes Lost.
- Deputise for the Head of Network Management North and deliver on any associated responsibilities.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Strong people management skills with proven experience, and the ability to lead and motivate a team of Control Engineers running the Distribution System.
- System Control Authorisation experience with a sound understanding of both the Grid and Distribution Codes.
- Significant knowledge and experience in leading the development of strategies within system operations, which focus on reducing customer risk and maximising system access whilst driving business value.
- A full understanding of the responsibilities of managing Critical National Infrastructure on behalf on SSE group and UK Plc.
- A degree level qualification in Engineering or significant technical experience in the industry.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on -******* or--******.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.