10 months ago
System Engineer (DevOps)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a passionate technologist? Do you enjoy building tools to make yourself and others more efficient?
We are currently looking for someone like that to join our DevOps team in the London UBS office.
You will be working on enabling development teams to deliver high quality software through automated testing and deployment in an efficient and sustainable way. In order to achieve the goal, you will use your scripting skills and a combination of in-house tools together with open source and commercially available technologies (Git/Github, Splunk, AppDynamics, TeamCity, Sonar, Nexus).
We are looking for an engineer who can help us support the current software delivery process and improve it applying DevOps principles.
You will be part of virtual DevOps team located in London, Wroclaw, and Mumbai, supporting teams that develop and maintain a suite of applications that the Investment Bank relies on to process millions of trades being done daily. The systems are used for supporting trade lifecycle in the back office of our Investment Bank.
Our team cares deeply about continuous improvement of the development process through automation. We use Continuous Integration for quick feedback cycles and are currently working on achieving Continuous Delivery. Collaboration is highly valued and pair programming is common practice.
We use Scrum and apply Agile practices. You'll have Software Craftsmanship at the heart of what you do, striving for quality and efficiency through automation.
We value continuous learning and encourage attendance at Conferences (QCon, Devoxx, etc) and internal Hackathons and Developer Meetups.
Your experience and skills
– expertise in Linux (advanced shell commands, concepts: filesystem, processes, memory, etc)
– expertise in Continuous Integration Tools (TeamCity preferred)
– expertise in some scripting languages (e.g. shell scripting required + groovy/python/ruby/...)
– expertise in build tools (Maven and Gradle preferred)
– experience with application servers (e.g. Tomcat, Websphere)
– knowledge of version control systems (GIT)
– programming skills – Java (at least basic knowledge), basic SQL
– (nice to have) experience with configuration management tools (Puppet preferred)
– (nice to have) experience with log management tools (Splunk preferred)
– (nice to have) experience with performance monitoring tools (AppDynamics preferred)
– knowledge of Agile development practices
– the desire to work as part of a global team
– an experienced specialist with the required skills
– focused on quality and detail
– a quick learner with troubleshooting attitude
– fluent in English
– proactive, comfortable working in a dynamic environment with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
Our current technology stack:
• Java 8
• In-memory caching
• A Puppet based internal deployment tool
We are moving towards:
• Stream processing
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.