7 months ago
System Administrator 4-IT-18000C21
Oracle Cloud SaaS Operations group is looking for talented Cloud Operations Engineers with expert level experience in supporting systems, focused on the Configure Price and Quote application (part of Fusion family of products), based on a mix of Oracle technologies.
As a contributing member of a globally distributed team, you will be responsible for the deployment and support of internally developed services/applications supporting the SaaS portfolio. This is a unique opportunity to work on cutting edge platforms in support of Oracle’s growing Cloud Services. This position would require some on call time.
* Build and configure virtualized CPQ systems in a large-scale SaaS deployment (comprised of OVS/OVM, Enterprise Database, OEL, Java and WebLogic)
* Perform software upgrades and patch management to various production and non-production environments
* Provision new customers
* Monitor and manage the virtualized server, database and storage clusters
* Ensure contractual SLAs are met/exceeded for availability and incident/problem resolution* Performance test/tune, problem research/resolution, code reviews and deployments, SQL support, and data movement
* Backup and recovery activities
* Monitor the system health and proactive problem resolution
* Help improve efficiency/optimization through development of automation
* Perform production on-call support on rotational basis
* Automate product deployments and repeated database maintenance and monitoring tasks
* Open and manage service support tickets with other internal Oracle groups
* Operational ownership in the deployment, delivery and support of escalated issues.
* Collaborate with other operational teams during Service on-boarding, capacity expansion, as well as ensure adherence to production deployment standards.
* Handle customer escalations and provide Tier-2 support.
* 5+ years of experience supporting production environments on Unix platforms.
* Extensive knowledge of Docker, UNIX services & internals
* Expert level experience in the deployment and support of infrastructure and applications.
* Technical skills and knowledge that extends across Application / Server / Storage / Network technologies to troubleshoot and provide system level guidance/solutions
* Strong ability to solve operational problems, with ability to identify and automate common routines.
* Exposure to webserver concepts and technologies like Tomcat, networking concepts is highly desirable.
* Scripting knowledge in perl/shell/python etc
* Willingness to learn new technologies
* Prior experience as a Cloud Operations Engineer or DevOps Engineer.
* Certification(s) in a Linux administration in any distribution.
* Experience with automated service deployment tools
* Experience with automated configuration management tools (like Chef)
* A strong focus on business outcomes
* Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional bordersDetailed Description and Job Requirements
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliablility of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requisitions. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. May play a team leader role for developing System Administrators.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Information Technology
Location: GB-GB, UK-Reading
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire