10 months ago
Due to the expansion of business within the Ricardo Systems Engineering department, we are actively searching for a Team Leader to lead the Hybrid Systems team, working in a multinational and multi-disciplined environment for a range of projects for the automotive and transport industries.
Based at a Ricardo Technical Centre in the UK, you will be primarily responsible for leading Hybrid Systems capability growth and project delivery activities – particularly in the area of Hybrid Systems and Systems Integration.
You will lead and grow the team of engineers located in Leamington Spa, Cambridge & Shoreham to ensure the delivery of high quality work and services in the hybrid vehicle arena to our customers.
You will support the Market Sectors during the bidding/proposal phase by working effectively with other engineering disciplines to superior value to our customers. You should be comfortable in a client facing role.
As the Hybrid Systems Engineering team leader, you will also be expected to work in close partnership with programme managers and provide technical leadership on one or more projects. You will also support the ongoing development of a culture of successful and effective research and innovation. Your role will include coaching, mentoring and skill development of our engineers.
You are a proven engineer or team leader with a track record in:
-Hybrid systems integration programmes
-Production programme delivery
You are now seeking your next move into a challenging industry that will broaden your experience and reward you with opportunities to manage people and a growing discipline.
You will have a strong technical background in at least one area of hybrid systems specialisation (e.g. control systems, battery systems, e-machines), and a proven track record of successfully leading hybrid systems integration programmes.
Able to work & communicate well with top-management, as well as team members, commercial-related people and customers.
Your degree qualification will be in a technical subject and you will have some or all of the following:
· A strong track record of hybrid vehicle product development within the automotive industry, ideally leading to volume production
· Good knowledge of hybrid and electric driveline architectures, components and systems integration and experience of the attributes and trade-offs that must be considered when specifying and developing these systems
· Good general understanding of the operating principles of motors, inverters, power converters, battery chargers and battery systems and of high voltage (<1000V) power systems and associated safety management systems
· Strong leadership and ability to coordinate and lead multi-disciplined teams
· The ability to work in a matrix organisation and can liaise effectively across engineering departments to drive greater business value
· Strong project management skills
· Proven interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
· High degree of flexibility and willingness to travel
· Robust character with a strong drive and motivation to succeed
· Great patience in dealing with client and team situations coupled with an ability to accept and positively respond to frequent changes
· The ability to work under pressure and tight timescales
· The ability to positively resolve issues arising from different cultures