11 months ago
Duties and Responsibilities
* The mechanical design and analysis of complex gearing systems through concept, definitive, detail design phases and support through testing and production phases.
* The creation and validation of duty cycles against worldwide benchmarks for analysis and testing of products.
* Understanding of the relationship between gear macro and micro geometry design and possible NVH effects.
* To work on a variety of market sectors from passenger cars to industrial and defense markets.
* Able to create and design/analyse major transmission assemblies and components comprising shafts, bearings and gears such as parallel axis gear sets, epicyclic gear sets or bevel gears sets with minimum guidance.
* In depth understanding of the influences of the wide range of lubricants, material choices, production methods, heat treatment methods and finishing processes for gears.
Responsible for the following engineering activities:
* Gear macro and micro geometry design and the supervision of others in these processes.
* Creation of gear production documentation and the supervision of others in this process.
* System and component specifications and that the design meets the requirements,
* Reporting of gear design and analysis tasks to the customers satisfaction. Supervisions and sign off on others reporting tasks,
* Responsibility for the quality of work undertaken and for the technical delivery to the client to time, cost and quality targets,
* Carry out design change requests as per process and in a timely manner,
* Fit and function of their responsible parts or system and their interaction with other systems,
* Checking and validating design engineer’s designs and drawings as required,
* Guideline ownership if nominated by engineering manager,
* Creation of component or system design plans,
* Meeting design timing plans on assigned tasks.