about 1 month ago
REQ ID: 52742
JOB TITLE: SVO EDU/Motor Lead Engineer
SALARY: £41,000 - £52,000 (DOE)
POSTING END DATE: 02/02/2021
Beyond Property, Purchasing, HR and IT, more than being part of our Finance or Marketing teams, beyond even Sales and Service, every role in every business area offers unique opportunities to make an impact on the future of mobility and the automotive industry.
Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) is responsible for designing and creating a portfolio of brand extending products inspired by our two brands – Jaguar & Land Rover. Our area is in a period of rapid growth and transformation, offering a unique opportunity to be part of, and lead, transformation of what we offer and how we do business. Our accessory portfolios already generate significant revenue and profit for the business; however, through realignment and a fiercely customer-first focus can deliver considerably more.
WHAT TO EXPECT
A New opportunity has arisen for an experienced Electric Drive Unit (EDU) Systems /Motor Lead Engineer to join our team. As the EDU/Motor Lead Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the development, testing and introduction of SVO EDU Systems to support the SVO Cycle Plan, delivering on time to cost and quality targets. The Lead Engineer will report into the SVO Transmissions, Driveline & EDU Manager.
Reporting into the SVO Transmissions & Driveline Manager you’ll deliver SVO EDU Systems to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS).
In your role you’ll also be responsible for:
* Act as Lead Engineer for Electric Drive Units within SVO Propulsion Engineering
* Own and deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
* Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
* Manage supplier rig and JLR vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off
* Resolve issues with component engineering and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs and calibrations that meet targets
* Ensure all appropriate JLR standards are met throughout design maturation
* Provide input into new feature development
* Ensure all programme design solutions meet
* Keep all Module documentation up to date including
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
To be successful in this role, you’ll have previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment whilst working within a similar role within Electric Drive Unit.
You'll possess strong leadership and motivational skills that can advance good team working relationships. It’s essential that you have worked in an engineering environment with ability to lead the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment.
You’ll also have:
* Previous experience with EDU system development
* Previous experience with eMachine development
* Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
* A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
* Degree in relevant Mechanical/Electrical engineering discipline
* Inverter and HEV/EV system integration – this would be advantageous
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Find out what to expect at each stage of the process along with some hints and tips.
FIND OUT MORE
Find out more about working here in our JLR Life Blog:
FIND OUT MORE
WHAT WE OFFER
We look after our employees by offering a host of benefits and investing in their talent through award-winning training
FIND OUT MORE
Can't find a suitable opportunity or interested in other options with our Suppliers and Partners?
SEARCH ALL JOBS
Engineering Manager, Engineer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Automotive