about 1 year ago
Surveyors are front line staff visiting customers at their premises to provide surveys/ quotations, advice and assistance. The role is to ensure that high levels of service are delivered to customers in a cost effective manner, thereby ensuring that accurate and timely quotations are delivered to customers within the guaranteed standards timescales.
To provide excellent customer service by exceeding expectations in terms of quality of service and information provided.
* Make and keep appointments with customers
* Respond to customer’s requests for appointments outside normal working hours as necessary and work outside their normal working areas
* Provide a detailed design of proposed for delivery and quotation on site for single/ three phase services, (up to 4 properties <70KVA) including measurements, site location, photographs, traffic management requirements and full details to enable works to be carried out accurately first time and to budget/ quote
* To manage themselves ensuring they operate in a safe and secure working environment
* Ensure that any accidents, Hazards or near misses are reported to Airline and their line manager
* Explain to the customer the work content which UK Power Networks provide within the quoted price
* Discuss, advise and document the work to be carried out by the customer
* Liaise regularly with the Connections Services team, including the Quotation and Scheduling units, Delivery teams and Contractors, where applicable, to ensure that the work is completed to time and budget
* Resolve any complaints with customers
* Ensure 100% compliance with all legislation and regulations
Nature and Scope:
Connections Services, is positioned within Networks operations, and is managed by the Director of Network Operations. A Surveyor reports directly to the Surveyor Manager, who reports to the Scheduling and delivering Manager who reports to the Head of Connection services.
As a Surveyor the job holder should be fully aligned and wholly comfortable with Group culture, Company ambitions and values.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the points listed below.
* Flexible approach
* Problem solve to assist wider team
* Feedback innovations and improvements
* Embrace continuous improvement and actively take part in the process of improvement
* Identify and share potential issues and resolutions
* Professional in appearance and attitude
* Good telephone manner
* Active listening
* Can do attitude
* Energetic, enthusiastic, positive
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Able to discuss and inform non-electrically biased customers on electrical matters
* Microsoft office competent
* Ability to use a mobile device and smart phone
* Open minded to new technology and innovations
* Electrical trades Qualification City & Guilds 2339 (or willing to work towards achieving this)
* Ability to read and understand plans and maps
* Preferably electrical
* Knowledge of street works
* Ability to simplify complicated scenario
* Demonstrates problem solving both technically and personally
* Be able to apply pricing policies to designs
* Identify the resource types and material required to complete a job
* Time management
* Ability to prioritise
* Able to meet deadlines
* Work independently
* Work under pressure and ability to react quickly to changes in program
As part of this role you may be required to undertake shifted work pattern, with evening and weekend work.
The successful applicant should also hold a full UK clean driving licence.
Please note: Should you not currently possess the full range of essential skills, qualifications and competencies listed above, there may be an opportunity for further training to equip the successful candidate appropriately. If the successful candidate does not possess all relevant competencies for the core grade, it will be appropriate to appoint at a lower grade until they have developed the required competencies.
* Electrical engineering qualification
* An understanding of the UK Electrical Networks
* City & Guilds Street works Excavation and Reinstatement
Please Note: Candidates who are still within a probationary period must obtain the written approval of their manager, which must be submitted with their application.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees are responsible for ensuring they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees are responsible for understanding those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
If in doubt ask!
The Sunday Times 30 Best Big Companies to Work for 2017