4 months ago
Support for Engineering & Methods (m/f)-TROQ-UKDY01637648
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies – built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology – conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
We are currently looking to recruit a Support for Engineering and Methods (m/f) for either one of our Europe Product Sites: Crispin, Derby, Hennigsdorf, Manheim, Vienna
The Support for Engineering and Methods (m/f) is responsible forproviding, managing and coordinating processes and tools globally, while also supporting for new build railway vehicle projects within the scope of Electrical Engineering and Industrialisation. This person will also ensure training for processes, tools and methodologies.
The ideal candidate demonstrates strong communication and diplomacy skills, and the ability to guide, influence and convince others and communicate complex concepts.
Accountable and responsible to provide, manage and coordinate process and tool support for new build railway vehicle projects within the scope of Electrical Engineering and Industrialisation;
Ensures training for processes, tools and methodologies is provided for on-cycle and off-cycle activities within the scope of Electrical Engineering and Industrialisation;
- Demonstrates strong communication and diplomacy skills and the ability to guide, influence and convince others and communicate complex concepts. Also communicates and works with Product Engine and Regional Engineering;
- Works with the team of Experts in charge of the collection and collation of needs from the BT Electrical Engineering and Industrialisation Community;
Contributes toward improvements in processes & flows. Participates in the collection and bundling of the needs from Global, Regional and local Engineering in order to secure definition and creation of standard tools, processes and materials;
Contributes toward harmonization knowledge throughout BT of tools, standards and materials working together with his colleagues from Industrialisation, PMO-SQA and Project Management;
- Strong relevant experience
- Requires very good experience in similar role
- Experience in supporting & training electrical processes and tools in an international environment
- Participation in providing independent advice on the management of projects
- Participating in the monitoring of sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained
- Analytical & numerate skills
- The function requires regular travel within and outside located region
- Speaks fluent English and fluent in language at local site
Posting Date: 21.03.2018
Closing date: 21.04.2018
Competitive Salary Range
Number of working hours: 37
Your ideas move people.
Job: Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular