about 1 month ago
Job Description Summary
UK Supply Quality Assurance Engineer
Ensures compliance of products and project related documentation within the UK Supply Quality Organisation and ensures adherence to Company procedures/work instructions/specifications.
Overall Purpose of the role:
Support the UK Quality Leader for delivering all aspects of the Supply Quality Assurance function. Work in a team environment with suppliers to develop and implement best practices that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements. Collect root cause analysis and provide corrective feedback to prevent line disruption due to supply Quality issues. Manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support to suppliers. Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to.
General and Task Management
* Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
* Lead the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks
* Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of inspection results relative to area of responsibility. In appropriate functional areas, this refers to supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by regulations, engineering product specifications or Control Plans, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) approval or product warrant submission
* Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
* Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues
* Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality issues
* Collate and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain
* Work with the supplier directly, create correction action plans to address process failures
* Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities
* Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers
* Support the UK Quality Leader to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
* Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
* Assist with first off sample approvals
* Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
* Manage and coordinate supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty indicators
* Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
* This position has no direct reports.
* Must be able to work in a team and across teams.
* Must be able to explain/mentor and coach across all stakeholders and levels of the business.
* Support business meetings as required.
* Act as the customer and be the customer’s eyes within the business.
* Be able to liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers.
* Comply with Health, Safety and Environmental Polices.
* Be polite and courteous to others whilst being assertive, resilient and be welcome to change.
* Engage interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others.
* Needs to be self-aware.
* Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings.
Skills and Attributes:
* Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Knowledge of quality systems and measurement tools and techniques.
* Strong knowledge of Advanced Quality Planning (APQP), Part approval processes (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
* Lean Manufacturing knowledge.
* Understand engineering drawings (electrical and mechanical) and manufacturing processes.
* Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
* Be able to self-plan and prioritise.
* Negotiation skills.
* Be able to present data effectively
* Analytical skills.
* Understand cost and financial impacts.
* Knowledge of NATO standards AQAP2105/ 2110 etc.
* Knowledge of Microsoft programs such as: MS Word, MS Excel, Microsoft Power point and Microsoft Outlook.
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
* Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, or HNC, or equivalent NVQ level 4 qualification.
* At least 5 years’ experience in similar role.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No