9 months ago
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
The Supply Chain & Procurement function is made up of five branches; ranging from the manufacturing of novel and innovative products, to the purchasing of essential goods and services that keep QinetiQ operational, to the development of distinguishing supply chains that support business winning opportunities.
To give you an idea, during the programme you are expected to develop the skills needed to identify suitable suppliers, negotiate and place contracts that deliver value for money and manage relationships through delivery, all in support of the company’s mission to protect lives and secure the vital interests of our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
You could be responsible for:
- Developing unique supply chains that differentiates QinetiQ and wins strategically important business
- Drafting and negotiating advantageous contracts, leaning on experts within the company
- Leading supplier assurance activities to maintain QinetiQ’s exemplary reputation
- Developing enduring relationships both internally and externally; applying influence and challenge
- Driving forward the development of innovative new products from concept through to production
- Creating policy that influences the company’s approach to social value within our supply chain
Joining QinetiQ you would:
- Work in multidisciplinary teams delivering projects to a wide range of customers
- Determine the best way for our customers to exploit novel and emerging technologies
- Develop your commercial expertise whilst gaining a unique and wider insight into other functions (like finance, project management, strategy, service management, business development)
- Get access to training to develop your commercial and leadership skills
- Get the opportunity to support community projects, for example environmental initiatives
To apply for the role you MUST meet the following criteria;
- Have attained, or are about to attain a degree (all degree courses considered),
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace
- Have a keen interest in developing a professional network within the company and industry
- Be interested in supporting extra-curricular activities aimed at unlocking the functions future ambitions
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the roles in which you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!