10 months ago
QinetiQ is one of the world's leading defence, aerospace, technology and security companies. We deliver technology-based services and solutions, ground-breaking products and unrivalled research capabilities to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
The role is positioned with Group procurement, Bids & Programmes with responsibility for leading procurement activities and developing supply chain solutions on behalf of our Integrated Delivery Teams; working closely with internal project teams, external suppliers and partners.
This role is positioned within the IDT Procurement team based in Malvern Technology Centre, Worcestershire.
Job description/Person specification
The primary requirement of the role is to provide Procurement & Supply Chain leadership, development and delivery of Customer awarded programmes across all of QinetiQ’s business units.
Key accountabilities include:
- Embedded within a newly formed, Procurement Integrated Delivery Team, to provide end to end Supply Chain advice, sourcing, supply assurance, delivery, supply chain management and tasking against requirements.
- In contract supplier management
- Efficient & effective day to day management of supply chain in support of Customer bidding and QinetiQ programmes
- Providing strategic/functional development and execution of business strategies
- Stakeholder management (internal and external).
- Management planning of current and future workload.
- Harnessing innovative solutions from existing and future supply chain partners.
- Relevant knowledge & experience of procurement and prime contract management (Essential)
- Confident in communicating, influencing and building relationships with cross-functional colleagues, suppliers and business stakeholders (Essential)
- Problem solving ability, detail oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks. (Essential)
- Managing prime contract interfaces, risk mitigation and flexibility within supply chain including, supplier sourcing and leverage to deliver improvement, quality, performance, innovation and cost reduction.
- Be a self-starter and be able to represent the procurement function
- Delivery and achievement focused, managing conflicting priorities whilst working at pace
- Highly customer focused and motivated by exceeding customer expectations
- Independent worker with high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Proven contract negotiation skills in both a strategic relationship and sourcing environment
- Experienced in the delivery of Strategic Sourcing & Supply Chain Management
- Knowledge and understanding of procurement systems and infrastructure
Experience & Qualifications
- Business, IT, Finance, Supply Chain Management or Engineering; higher-level education or degree qualification preferred
- MCIPS or equivalent professional qualification preferred
- Experience of working within Procurement / Supply Chain Management
- Procurement experience in a project management environment
- Procurement experience of Contract Management
Security Clearance to be approved, held and maintained at level appropriate for this role (SC)