4 months ago
Supply Chain Manager
Procurement & Supply Chain/Purchasing
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Canary Wharf.
What you'll be doing
As a Supply Chain Manager, you will:
* Assist in the development and management of initial assessment, on-going assessment and final feedback systems for the supply chain, including workload, demand forecasts, turnover and resource requirements for key sub-contractors
* Support Bid teams in work winning, strategic supplier selection, supply chain solutions, bid submissions
* Produce and manage a Supply chain database specific to the BBCSUK London business. Database to include specific subcontractor information - some will be available to download from Balfour Beatty's pre-qualification partner.
* Understand BBCSUK London’s requirements in terms of Safety and Sustainability and engage with London H&S and S&E Managers to agree what information is required for inclusion within the London Supply Chain database.
* Assist work winning and project teams in completing capability and capacity questionnaires and updating as required.
Who we're looking for
You will have:
* UK Construction industry experience in Supply Chain, Procurement or Commercial or at project level
* A demonstrable track record in supplier management
* Experience in managing robust supplier relationships
* Experience in the use and application of Microsoft Excel
* Problem solving skills, possession of analytical skills and commercial awareness
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists