about 1 month ago
Supply Chain Co-Ordinator-TROQ-UKCW01749439
Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that’s shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it’s our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees, our customers and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Join us at our site in Crewe and take pride in working on high-quality, leading-edge projects that will drive your career forward.
Bombardier’s facility at Crewe is the company’s Centre of Excellence for Component Repair and Overhaul (CRO) services in the UK. The facility has achieved near perfect execution in terms of cost, quality and delivery for the past years. The Crewe facility focuses its services on overhauls of wheelsets, bogies, AC and DC motors, as well as rewinds of DC motors. Larger contracts will also see overhaul work for items such as pantographs, compressors and other ancillary components, while engaging in continuous improvement initiatives.
We are currently looking to recruit the Supply Chain Coordinator based in Crewe, United Kingdom.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
• Responsible for the continuation of supply chain strategy and relationship with nominated suppliers;
• Placing/expediting purchase orders and MRP generated schedules;
• Supplier performance monitoring and performance reviews;
• Pricing for internal/external enquiries;
• Management of inventory parameters and stock reduction for designated parts;
• Resolution of queries relating to supplier payments.
• Validation of material demand;
• Create and manage Purchase Orders / Schedules and related processes;
• Expedite material deliveries to ensure OTD (On Time Delivery) targets are achieved;
• Manage SAP exception messages daily;
• Challenge, mitigate and negotiate costs and report savings in SMIS system;
• Maintain SAP database on Vendor pricing lead times and contract validity;
• Conduct supplier performance reviews covering OTD (On Time Delivery), NCRs (Non-Conforming Costs) and cost;
• Report KPIs and identify mitigation plans for poor performing suppliers.
• Pro-actively maintain inventory parameters for designated parts to provide the optimum balance between inventory cost and service level;
• Ensure SAP inventory parameter settings are accurate at all times;
• Negotiate PO changes with suppliers to ensure due dates and quantities are aligned to fluctuations in Operations requirements.
• Drive reductions in supplier lead times and costs;
• Implement supply chain solutions with regular suppliers e.g. Service Exchange, VMI (Vendor Management Inventory), 2-bin (the supplier’s stock on site), Kanban, Consignments, to minimize inventory costs and improve service level;
• Using LEAN principles, identify areas for improvement in the Supply Chain Coordination processes.
• Process supplier RFQs (Request For Quote) to support both project and external customers;
• Liaise between suppliers and customers on M&D (Missing & Damaged) costs on retables.
• University Degree in a relevant area;
• Significant experience in deployment of Supply Chain Management strategies, inventory management practices & techniques, understanding of demand management for material requirements – ideally in railway industry but also is applicable the experience in a similar industry such as automotive, aerospace or other engineering/heavy manufacturing sectors;
• Working knowledge of SAP purchasing and inventory modules;
• Able to demonstrate understanding of LEAN and Continuous Improvement tools (e.g. 5S, visualization management, Kaizen etc.);
• Strong negotiation skills;
• Excellent communicator including presentation skills;
• Good analytical skills;
• Competent on Microsoft Office Excel at intermediate level;
• English language skills: Advanced/Business fluent level.
Posting date: 16.07.2018
Closing date: 15.08.2018
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37 hours/week
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Crewe
Employee Status: Regular