11 months ago
Title : Supply Chain/Buyer
Requisition ID :2018-28408
Work Location :GB-Darlington
Department / Discipline : Procurement / Supply Chain
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Supply Chain/Buyer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.This position is to be based in Darlington and is available on a Staff Permanent basis.
To act as Supply Chain Focal Point for a specific location or work stream whilst carrying out all duties with regard to issue of enquiries, evaluation of tenders, award, administration, expediting, inspection, invoice clearance and close out of purchase orders.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
* Process orders through the Client's SAP system in a compliant manner, maximising usage of existing Client agreement holders wherever possible
* Issue prequalification questionnaires (where necessary) to selected companies, preparation of tender list notes
* Issue enquiries for required equipment / materials / services and resolve any pre tender queries
* Receive and analyse tenders, arrange review meetings with budget holders, clarify outstanding queries, produce bid summaries
* Prepare and submit order memorandum where appropriate
* Prepare and issue purchase orders
* Manage post order administration including variations, expediting and inspection requirements, invoice queries, completion of performance feedback (FPAL)
* Issue and maintain project procurement schedules
* Issue purchase order close out reports
* Highlight any issues that threaten or impact required delivery by exception
* Support key interfaces as per project and functional organograms
* Work closely with Implementation and Design Engineers to ensure delivery of required goods and services to support work scope programmes
Skills / Qualifications
* NVQ / Standard Grade Education or equivalent
* Extensive purchasing related experience;* Understanding of procurement processes and commercially aware;
* Understanding of Terms and Conditions of purchase;
* Experience of working in a team environment;
* Demonstrate the ability to work with little or no supervision;
* Systems literate.
* Experience gained in the oil and gas industry;
* A good understanding and knowledge of supplier selection methods and market conditions.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.