3 months ago
Supplier Technical Assistance Graduate Scheme
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 2 year Graduate Programme which will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story. In Supplier Technical Assistance we work collaboratively across the business to enable the pace of technology development by creating a dynamic and responsive external supply chain. The team is responsible for ensuring that quality assured parts are delivered from our external suppliers on time, to specification and to the required quantities in order to meet the business’s evolving needs.
As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our Graduates with a scheme which will provide exposure to Formula 1, Formula E and also to the revolutionary Mercedes AMG Road Car “Project One”.
Job no: 494174
Work type: Student
Department: Human Resources (Div)
To do this you will;
* Work closely with Purchasing and Engineering to identify and select the most capable and efficient suppliers
* Support Engineering, Purchasing and external suppliers to resolve technical challenges and assure part conformance to drawings, specifications and requirements
* Determine supplier capability and capacity, and provide technical support to achieve supplier readiness
* Engage with the part design process to ensure that engineers are aware of quality history and known supplier challenges and provide effective design for manufacture capability and cost optimisation
* Champion process improvements with suppliers to optimise their technical capability to manufacture to our requirements
* Ensure alignment to programme deliverables to support on-time, parts-in-stores delivery dates
* In addition to Supplier Technical Assistance, you will also spend time in Manufacturing Quality Engineering, Programme Management and Purchasing to enhance your development
What can we offer you?
We can offer you the opportunity to work in a state of the art Technology Centre. Supported by a wealth of expertise, you will take on the challenges faced when delivering championship-winning Formula 1, Formula E and high performance Automotive parts, services and programmes. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in motorsport and to develop into a wider operations management role, all whilst being supported by our mentoring programme.
Our benefits package includes:
* A salary of £33,000pa
* Performance bonus
* Collective bonus
* Company lease car scheme
* 36 days annual leave
* Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
* Onsite Gym
* A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
* A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
* A 2:1 degree, or above, in a relevant Mechanical / Automotive / Mechatronics / Motorsport / Aeronautical Engineering or related degree e.g. Maths / Sciences
* A strong academic background in relevant A-Levels (Maths / Sciences) or equivalent disciplines
* An excellent understanding of engineering first principles
* Practical “hands-on” experience to complement your academic studies
* Excellent communication skills
* Self-motivation, adaptability and creativity
* Courage to challenge and desire to be challenged, to expand your technical knowledge and skills
The application process:
* Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
* Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
* If successful you will be invited to attend an online interview will take place between November 2020 – March 2021
* If successful your scheme will start on Monday 6th September 2021
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bare with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Advertised: 10 Sep 2020 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Dec 2020 GMT Standard Time
Back to search results now Refer a friend
Send me jobs like these