4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responsible for driving exceptional product quality for the patient, customer value beyond expectations, regulatory assurance and optimized Cost of Quality for GEHC. This is a key technical leadership position, affecting part quality for both installed base and NPI parts. This role will have deep domain expertise related to supplier processes within their assigned product family and will have knowledge of industry best practices in those areas.
1. Improve supplier quality performance for assigned suppliers via Quality Plan implementation.2. Provide leadership and technical direction for supplier selection through robust qualification processe, development & remediation process.3. Assure supplier compliance to GEHC QMS and regulatory requirements through supplier monitoring process4. Establish, develop, and maintain positive relationships and work closely with Global Sourcing Leaders and Modality Sourcing Leaders to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, New Product Introductions, and transfers, and ensure that customer requirements are being achieved.5. Interface with Suppliers, Engineering, Service, Manufacturing and Sourcing to drive Quality improvements that minimize Costs of Quality, specifically Failed on Arrival/Install (FOA/FOI) issues, Field Failures and Factory defects.6. Assure Corrective and Preventive Action plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers in compliance with CAPA process.7. Identify then coach and develop team members in Supplier Quality best practices.8. May lead project teams for key suppliers. 9. Promote technical excellence in all regions, and support teams through technical challenges. 9. Drive the transfer of technology between GE businesses.
1. Bachelors Degree in an engineering or technical discipline (or non-technical degree with 5 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance, or an Associateâ€™s Degree with 15 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance. Experience supplemented for education is in addition to any other experience requirement for the position).2. Minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing, engineering design, quality assurance or regulatory affairs3. Demonstrated experience with communicating and teaching best practices.4. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet development and analysis.5. Effective problem solving, root cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change (cross functionally and globally).6. Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous improvement methodologies and in-depth understanding of site level products and related processes.7. Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization around concepts of design control, design verification and validation activities; production and process controls; Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), complaints and risk management; and product quality improvement using tools such as six sigma, DFR etc.8. Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate and implement a strategy to ensure compliance.9. Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.10. Excellent oral communication and report, business correspondence and procedure writing skills.
1. ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
2. Certified Green Belt (Certified Black Belt preferred)
3. Previous leadership experience
4. Strategic planner and thinker with the ability to drive change across sites. Demonstrated competency in providing leadership and direction in regards to cross-functional aspects of technology development.
5. Proficiency in various engineering areas of technology
6.Familiarity with mechanical disciplines under Nadcap and/or MedAccred.
7.Possess industry certifications in different mechanical areas including welding, brazing, casting, alloys.
8.Excellent written and oral communication skills
9. Demonstrated collaboration and negotiation skills.
10. Team player able to work closely with global teams
11. Ability to build strong networks and to work closely with global teams
Locations: Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha