about 1 month ago
Supplier Quality Engineer
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Vacancy: Supplier Quality Engineer
For 200 years, Johnson Matthey has been a business of growth and innovation yet we believe our most exciting times are still ahead of us. Our research and technology development have led to world changing products which enhance life for everyone; looking to the future, our New Markets Sector are developing and building technologies to lead the way in clean and sustainable living.
Featured on the FTSE 100 index and with a wealth of industry awards – including Britain’s Most Admired Company 2014 – Johnson Matthey have built their reputation for innovation, sustainability and employee satisfaction throughout the organisation and global industry.
Our Alternative Power Train (APT) businesses are the next evolution of generating energy to power personal equipment, vehicles and even buildings. A leading part of the APT Sector is Johnson Matthey Fuel Cells: a customer focussed, global business dedicated to the supply of high performance fuel cell catalysts and components. Headquartered in Swindon, UK, JMFC is a leader in its chosen markets with rapidly growing sales supported by its extensive R&D and manufacturing capabilities.
The Fuel Cells business is looking to enhance the team with the opening of a Supplier Quality Engineer role. This is an exciting opportunity to control, monitor Quality and Environmental aspects of raw materials, their suppliers, products and sub-contract services to JMFC. This role will also support the maintenance and improvement of JM Business Systems via system implementation and 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audit involvement.
* Identify and evaluate new suppliers of materials and services, co-ordinating sample supply, internal evaluation and handover
* Develop supplier material specifications to ensure consistent materials and services, meeting the process and performance needs of the product
* Responsible for implementation of positive release system for key raw materials into JM
* Supporting investigation of raw materials issues, assisting with root cause analysis and monitoring completion of corrective actions and their effectiveness
* Control of blocked raw materials through to final disposition, ensuring this is kept to a minimum
* Monitor supplier performance, through setting of performance metrics, designing and executing a vendor appraisal system and Environmental, Quality and Sustainability audit visits
* Facilitate raw materials substitutions as required by JM or supplier activities
* Support the maintenance of the JM Business systems in line with compliance to ISO9001:2015
* Reporting activities within JM as appropriate
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
* Good working knowledge of ISO9001 or TS16949, ideally Lead Auditor Trained with a recognised training body
* Demonstrated ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organisation
* Experienced in writing technical documentation
* Technical/scientific background and/or qualification
* Computer literate particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
* SAP experience and Sharepoint knowledge would be highly desirable
We are looking for an adaptable, proactive person who is willing to travel nationally and internationally when required.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.