9 months ago
Supplier Prequalification Team Member
Procurement & Supply Chain/Purchasing
Yorkshire and Humber
About the role
Balfour Beatty is currently looking for a Supplier Pre-qualification Team Member to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Chapeltown, Sheffield.
What you'll be doing
As a Supplier Pre-qualification Team Member you will:
* Administer new supplier and subcontractor requests, ensuring that all documentation and approval has been received
* Contact suppliers/subcontractors to verify bank details
* Ensure all information received is fully completed to the required levels and accuracy
* Assign and action requests received via ServiceNow
* Assist with adhoc project requests (ERP listing)
Who we're looking for
* Be skilled in advanced key strokes rate per minute (speed & accuracy)
* Have the ability to register and process high volume of documents
* Have an excellent telephone manner and customer service skills
* Have an intermediate knowledge of Excel
* Have an understanding of both the Supplier Pre-qualification processes
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.