24 days ago
Summer Intern - Software Engineer (Startups)-21000HDI Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Computer Science Intern,
Oracle for Startups
United Kingdom (remote)
An exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s largest enterprise software companies and have a direct influence in nurturing the next generation of tech talent. Oracle for Startups serves startups at scale to drive Oracle Gen 2 Cloud usage by providing the most robust and value-priced cloud in the industry. Our startups are solving for some of the world’s biggest challenges and you have an opportunity to be part of solving within that.
Oracle for Startups is invested in increasing the number of future computer scientists, software developers and data scientists across diverse backgrounds and communities. Many aspiring computer scientists could benefit from a program that bridges the gap between academic study and a professional internship.
You can expect the following in a structured 12 week programme as part of Oracle for Startups.
* You will be trained and work towards certifications in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
* You will spend time deploying your academic learning and skills on real-life projects as part of 2x rotations within the Oracle for Startups team.
* You will be able to work on a 4 week project within one of our leading startups contributing to solving problems at scale on real-world challenges.
* Enhance your coding knowledge by using new tools and programming languages and attend training sessions to build your skills.
* We will provide a buddy throughout your time with us and you’ll be immersed directly within solving the same challenges that Oracle for Startups engineering and cloud migration teams tackle daily.
We’d like from you:
* 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate in computer science, programming, engineering or related technical field of study.
* Programming experience in either Java, C++ or Python.
* Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
* Interest in cloud infrastructure, cloud platforms with a focus on IaaS and PaaS services.
* Available for a 12 week internship starting June 2021 and ending September 2021 (we have flexibility on exact dates to fit with university courses)
Bonus if you have experience or interest in any of the following:
* Automation and scripting of computing systems and configuration (Bash, Powershell, Python).
* Build and deployment of software across distributed systems.
* Containers and microservices (Docker, Kubernetes).
* Designing, building or administering computer networks.
What matters to us
· Culture Matters: We will build great teams who embrace a common vision, principles, work ethic, and commitment to results. We will value different perspectives, learn from each other, and do hard things. Great people do great things.
· Resist Passivity: We will always have a bias for action when innovating, communicating, and executing. Prioritize actions and results.
· Always Be Scrappy: Just like the startups we serve, we need to take risks with minimal resources. This will keep us efficient, nimble and more likely position us for success. Operate like a startup inside of Oracle.
· Cloud Adoption Centric: When we evaluate our activities, initiatives and plans, we will always prioritize Oracle Cloud adoption and usage for our community of customers and partners. Do what we do and do it well.
· Metrics Driven: When possible (and it almost always is), we will measure our outcomes and seek to understand the levers to success. Test assumptions and measure the right things. Follow the data.
· Planetary Scale: The world generates hundreds of thousands of new businesses every year. We need to keep an eye on scaling our customer base on a planetary scale through capturing firms in highly automated and efficient fashion. Go big.
This is an opportunity to join a team in an exciting area of a well-established software giant and have a significant impact from day one.Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: All Roles
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Contractor Hire