6 months ago
Graduates, interns and placements are key to the overall success of CH2M. We invest in initial career experience of graduates, interns and apprentices through the summer internship and graduate development programme. This serves as the foundation to building our pipeline of future leaders.
Additionally, through offering opportunities via our initial career experience programmes, we also intend to showcase the nature of our industry to our future leaders and provide you with an opportunity to work on projects that improve the lives of people around the world and in the communities in which we live in.
We are looking for staff who are interested in developing multi-disciplinary detailed design solutions with the construction team and enjoy working in the fast moving pace of the design-and-construct arena.
Our Highways team focuses on projects for Highways England. Recently, they have been working on projects such as A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon Improvement, M1 J39 to 42 Smart Motorway, M4 and M6 Smart Motorways, MAC Framework (Areas 4, 7, 12 and 14), Manchester Smart Motorway, Lower Thames Crossing, Spatial Planning Framework and High Speed Rail.
As an intern working within Highways team at our Leeds office, you will be involved in:
* General design assistance on highway projects to time and budget
* Developing highway designs and associated highway infrastructure works
* Preparation of reports such as feasibility studies, method statements, specifications, approval documents and detailed design documents
* Production of drawings in collaboration with CAD technicians
* Support to senior staff in co-ordination of tenders and projects for clients
* Check design and assessment calculations and reviewing detailed drawings
* Delivering projects in accordance with quality, timescales and budget
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
* We expect our candidates to have average of grades at the minimum 2.1 (Merit), working towards Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
* Confident in communication with high level of verbal and written English
* High motivation to join CH2M
* Commitment and motivation to participate and learn
* Effective team player
* Good personal planning and organization
* High level of competency in the use of standard office software applications
If you are interested in applying to us for these roles please submit your application with an up-to-date resume.
Your CV/ Resume should be no more than one to two pages and should include (as a minimum) the following:
• Your contact details (email ID, contact number, address)
• Educational qualifications, including the grades you’ve received. If you are an international student, please tell us about your grades, regardless of the form they take (percentages are welcome, as well as other types of grades – feel free to describe them so that we understand what they mean for you and your school)
• Professional certifications (if any)
• Any interesting projects or internships you’ve undertaken, and any other information that you think will help our team get to know you professionally