24 days ago
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for a talented QA Lead to run the quality of third party development.
You will be responsible for signing off third party titles, creating a bespoke Jagex Certification program that incorporates a Release QA function. You will be required to create a launch readiness roadmap for QA, regularly checking in with partners to ensure that milestones will be met. The role requires travel to third party studio locations.
* Establish a Certification and Release QA function to support third-party titles.
* QA point of contact between third party QA and Jagex.
* Travel to third party studios for training, retrospectives, and knowledge sharing.
* Manage an outsource QA team: support, mentoring and coaching as appropriate.
* Work with third party stakeholders at all levels to ensure milestones and releases hit the agreed quality bar.
* Own yearly and quarterly fiscal planning and budgeting for your team.
* Work closely with the Release Manager around platform compliance.
* Document what you learn and create for third party titles, share this with the rest of the internal QA group.
* Responsible for developing effective dashboards and reporting.
* Develop the quality goals that will define Certification e.g. performance limits, defect fix ratio, crash rates, priority lists.
* Contribute to the testing strategy of global areas e.g. compatibility, performance, Live QA.
* Setting standards for uniform reporting, defect ticketing and documentation across Release QA.
* Ensuring effective test processes are in place to serve live operations and that we are reacting to customer feedback.
* Working with other discipline leads on third party titles to make processes work for QA.
* Has strong experience working in a Principal or Lead position within a games development studio.
* Strong experience directly interacting with other studio disciplines.
* Strong knowledge of common test tooling e.g. JIRA and TestRail.
* Experience of Live Ops, ‘games as a service’ model.
* Test planning, scheduling and estimation for vendor support requirements.
* Experience of the game development lifecycle and how QA integrates with this.
* Establishing, assessing and continually improving QA processes.
* Experience working with external QA partners.
* A passion for quality, getting things done and making things better.
* Ability to travel at short notice.
* Worked in a Publishing QA role.
* ISTQB series, management or similar certifications/ training.
* Ability to read code, data and scripting information.
* Agile practices and processes.
* Developing test automation from a management viewpoint.
* Technical test tools knowledge e.g. networking and performance tools.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job