about 1 year ago
Location: Tideway, Putney Road, London
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Major Projects business for an ambitious and talented Sub Agent.
We are looking for a Sub Agent to provide a cost conscious and safe engineering service to a section of works.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As a Sub Agent you will:
* Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behaviour.
* Supervise engineering team.
* Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non compliance with company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
* Maintain good working relations with client / designer / RE, together with our supply chain.
* Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
* Ensure that the 3D information drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
* Ensure that works are accurately and clearly set out before work is programmed to commence, allowing time for independent checking where required.
* Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
* Confirm in writing, on the same day, any verbal instructions received from the client / designer / RE’s staff and ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
* Ownership of whole process of production, checking and submission of Handover Documentation (Green Files or equivalent)
* Implements systems and processes to support construction of the works in accordance with the specification (eg Materials Approval, NCR, Handover Documentation) Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed and digitally recorded as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
* Prepare 4 weekly programmes in conjunction with the section foreman, coordinated with overall site programme and ensure necessary resources available with sub agent / agent.
* Monitor 4 weekly programme, mark up progress for review at the weekly site review meeting.
* Prepare written risk assessments and method statements & ITP’s for the control of the works.
* Carry out material take off and requisitions as requested by agent.
* Ensure all delivery tickets are cost coded and passed to accounts dept. for processing.
* Ensure that testing / sampling of materials is carried out as required by the specification.
* Order materials and maintain register of all orders placed and confirmed.
* Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
The right applicant will have successful experience at Site Engineer level and have thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods. Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent, the Sub Agent will have Knowledge of Civil Engineering sufficient to attain Chartered member level of ICE. Able to support learning & institution recognition for others as delegated engineer.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.