4 months ago
Construction Services UK
Engineering - Civil
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Sub Agent to join the civil engineering function within our Regional South team working on a £110million highway scheme in Wokingham. The project is at pre-construction stage and consists of 9 separate highway schemes including greenfield roadworks, structures and significant number of road tie-ins.
What you'll be doing
As a Sub Agent, you will:
* Manage site staff operatives and sub-contractors
* Provide method statements, hazard risk assessments and project management plans
* Plan upcoming costs and review permits
* Plan and programme the works (short term)
* Attend weekly progress meetings
* Foster good relations and reputation with clients
Who we're looking for
You will have:
* Experience within highways projects including utilities works
* An interest or previous experience working with structures
* Confidence in a client facing role
* Temporary works experience
* Be interested in pursuing a formal qualification
* CSCS Card, SMSTS certificate and willing to be or qualified in First Aid
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.