9 months ago
Atkins are recruiting high quality engineers to deliver and manage our building design projects. We are looking for engineers with design flair who enjoy undertaking architecturally and structurally challenging projects. The position of Structural Engineer will help to grow our business nationally. We are currently working on a large variety of projects through all sectors of the industry, In both the region and internationally we have a growing order book.
As a Structural Engineer you will be working closely with engineers of all levels to be directly involved in a broad range of projects both minor and major in scale. You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
* Honours Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering (BSc or MSc) or equivalent qualification
* Working towards or achieved Chartered Membership (IStructE or ICE)
* Experience in the design of structures using the conventional engineering materials (steel concrete, timber, masonry) to Eurocodes
* Experience in the use of structural analysis design software. (Robot Structural Analysis and Revit experience is desirable but not essential)
* Willingness and flexibility to learn new software
* Will be aware of commercial issues and have a flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility accepted
* Able to work within other offices for periods of time
* Practical design consultancy using skills and knowledge on a range of building structural techniques, and applying to various circumstances
* Ability to develop conceptual solutions to problems and to develop the solution through detailed design
* Contribution to the development of the multi-disciplined project team’s approach
* Assistance in the execution of projects within defined design and cost parameters
* Undertaking research, data collection and presentation of information
* Presentation of results to clients under supervision of an Atkins lead designer
* Compliance with Quality and Technical Assurance Procedures
* Be aware of and work in compliance with BIM standards, Digital Plan of Work and the project BIM Execution plan
* Experience with parametric modelling software (Dynamo, Grasshopper or similar) is desirable and may be a development target
* Experience with software coding (visual C++, python etc) is desirable and may be a development target
* Representing Atkins on Site visits
* Attend management and project meetings when required
* Assist/Mentor the development of Apprentices and less experienced staff.
* Be proactive in self-development
* Help maintain a broad range of skills within the team to ensure full support is provided to the design staff.