26 days ago
Our infrastructure services team delivers projects that maintain and enhance the built environment. Part of that is our work to operate, maintain and improve large parts of the UK road network. Whether you’re involved in frontline operational work, design, project management or office-based services, every day you’ll be helping to improve the lives of millions of people.
We are looking for a Senior Structures Engineer to join our infrastructure services team on our Engineering Solutions contract in Ipswich.
Working at Skanska as a Senior Structures Engineer you’ll carry out technical and people leadership of a structures design team delivering design solutions to Skanska contracts.
You’ll find plenty of variety, opportunities for personal development and a constant stream of new challenges; all in a supportive and inclusive environme
* Lead on the co-ordination of design deliverables to achieve project outcomes.
* Be responsible for technical design checks.
* Be responsible for delivery of projects to agreed time, cost & quality expectations.
* Carry out Resource planning and co-ordination of multi-disciplinary teams, including sub-consultants.
* Ensure compliance with internal quality standards and processes.
* Ensure legal compliance with Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
* Carry out people management including training and development, staff performance reviews and performance management.
* Work collaboratively with customers to understand and develop project objectives/deliverables.
* Manage, build and develop customer relationships.
We’re looking for:
* Chartered Engineer or a highly experienced Engineer working towards CEng
* Evidence of leading multi-disciplinary projects to achieve customer’s programme, cost and quality expectations.
* Extensive design & construction experience in structures.
* Knowledge in the application and review of structures analytical software.
* Experience of commercial awareness in project delivery.
* Extensive experience of Highways England & Local Authority design standards & contracts.
* Eurocode design knowledge.
* Evidence of developing and mentoring staff.
* Experience of design resource planning and programme management.
* Evidence of managing H&S in design and construction.
* Computer literate particularly with packages such as Microsoft Excel and Word and analytical software (LUSAS and/or Superstress or similar).
* Experience of the NEC suite of contract documents and contract administration.
* UK/EEC driving licence
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us on -******* if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: -******* . The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the Business.
* Location: Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
* Schedule: Full-time
* Employee Status: Regular
* About Skanska: We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic, we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Make your next career move with us.