about 1 year ago
WYG has an excellent opportunity for a Structural Technician within the Edinburgh office, to become part of a team working on a variety of high profile projects throughout the UK & beyond. The post will offer the successful applicant an interesting, challenging and varied workload as well as allowing them to develop, personally and professionally, as a Technician.
Ideally, you will be a motivated, progressive and versatile individual who can adopt a flexible approach to their role, to provide support to the team within the office - an individual who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is delivered correctly, accurately and on time.
* Supporting the local team, the role will involve the preparation of general arrangement and detail drawings under the guidance of the Engineers and Lead Technician
* Work within the company CAD standards, procedures and document controls, providing support to the engineering team
* The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of all the common building materials and details, as well as exhibiting good interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an enthusiasm for team and self-development
Essential Experience / Skills Required:
* Minimum BTEC HND in Engineering or Construction related discipline
* Structural Engineering background
* Project experience as a technician within an engineering practice / environment
* Ability to produce accurate and well-presented drawings or documents in accordance with briefings from engineering staff
* Ability to understand and create structural details from general arrangement plans
* Knowledge and experience of all common building materials and details
* Conversant with 2D/3D draughting software using AutoCAD and REVIT
* Knowledge of BIM co-ordination on projects
* Experience of Project Extranets and document control procedures
* Familiarity with 3D Clash detection using Navisworks
* Ability to take ownership of own projects and undertaken coordination of works
* Experience of reinforced concrete detailing including the use of CADS RC
* Experience of civil engineering works including the preparation of relevant drawings and details
* Self-motivated to achieve the highest levels of excellence within the company
* Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills
* Effective team player, organised and articulate
* Good time management and reliability and display initiative
* Ability to work collaboratively with other team members internally and externally
* Possess attention to detail and desire to deliver high quality output
* Ownership of the work done under your control
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.