3 months ago
The RSK Group is a dynamic, multidisciplinary environmental consultancy and services provider servicing a wide range of property, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy clients. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference. Our success is founded on the talent of our employees, so we recognize the importance of personal growth, encouragement and earned rewards. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success.
RSK Environment Ltd, a member of the RSK Group, includes a Materials & Structures department based at Hemel Hempstead that provides specialist inspection, surveying and investigation services into the built environment. The department also includes a UKAS-accredited material-testing laboratory, which enables us to provide a full in-house service for evaluating engineering properties and condition factors of construction materials and provide our clients with detailed assessment reports and guidance.
Structural Investigation Engineer/ Project Manager– Hemel Hempstead
As a result of sustained and steady growth and a healthy order book heading into FY20, an exciting and immediate opportunity has arisen for someone with established experience in the field of structural investigation and/or construction management to take a pivotal role in the successful management of medium-large scale projects and continued development of Materials and Structures’ leading role in the field of building investigation. The successful candidate would be based out of our Hemel Hempstead office and would ideally have a sound engineering/construction degree and/or minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role. They should be able to demonstrate good knowledge of design and construction processes for buildings and structures. Experience in building investigation and/or construction materials assessment and evaluation will be looked upon favorably in consideration of your application, but similar project management or supervisory experience within the construction or engineering sector will also be considered.
Working as a member of the Materials and Structures team, reporting directly to the Director responsible for the Structures team, you would be responsible for:
* Assist the central office process of receiving and expediting investigation enquiries, including carrying out site scoping visits with mentees wherever practical in order to teach others about scope clarification and developing Client relationships in-person.
* Undertake and assist other RSK staff, where appropriate, in the preparation of proposals and reports
* Organise or arrange investigation and testing programmes; undertake or supervise the work and ensure that tests are completed and reported in an efficient and timely manner
* Liaise with clients in preparing inspection/testing programmes.
* Control project costs within agreed codes and budgets, and ensure that all sales and cost budgets are established, reviewed and revised
* Prepare written Technical Reports to an agreed standard format. Maintain an objective for technical excellence in all aspects of work.
* Provide mentorship and technical guidance to a dedicated team of engineers/technicians.
* Engineering degree or significant experience
* Awareness of health and safety issues
* Thorough understanding of defect investigation practices, appropriate materials testing methods and practices, interpretation of published information, codes of practice, current legislation, field and test data, and in the provision of professional advice both orally and in writing
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Sound mathematical, technical and practical skills
* Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects
* Ability to lead and instruct teams of people
* A full UK driving licence is required for this job
Candidates should be aware that there will be a requirement for working both on site and at the office. Training will be afforded to accredit staff to undertake work within a railway environment, at height and within confined spaces. Manual handling and physical testing/inspection methods will be expected from time to time; therefore, candidates must be physically fit. Occasional staying away from home will be necessary in locations throughout the UK and possibly overseas.
Salary and benefits:
* Commensurate with experience
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
* Regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Environment Ltd must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer