7 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Structural Integrity Specialist to provide an engaging role in this vital national defence programme. Specifically, this role is focussed on providing guidance and authoritative advice with respect to nuclear naval plant components to support the UK submarine programme in relation to structural integrity associated with operations in-service, manufacture, plant-life extension and concept designs, to ensure a continuous at sea deterrent.
Wood Clean Energys Structural Performance Team, based at our Birchwood Park office near Warrington in Cheshire, comprises of a broad range of multi-disciplined technical experts including metallurgy, materials science, corrosion science, structural and mechanical engineering and advanced manufacturing processes.
* Provide authoritative safety, engineering and technical advice to the Ministry of Defence (MoD) related to structural integrity of naval nuclear reactor plant and its design.
* Provide structural integrity policy and strategy advice to the MoD on safety regulation of the naval nuclear plant.
* Technical leadership including the development and mentoring of the structural integrity capability of the Structural Performance Team.
* Perform a review of nuclear safety and operational safety cases in line with regulatory requirements.
* Proactive interfacing with key stakeholders, internal and external including MoD’s senior safety committees.
Skills / Qualifications
* Experience/familiarity associated to structural integrity and the design, manufacture, construction and operation of nuclear plant and their underlying safety cases.
* An ability to understand, deliberate and assimilate complex structural integrity safety case arguments, clearly and concisely, based upon mature knowledge.
* Receive and deliver information to ensure action and shared understanding, whilst maintaining/creating a positive relationship with colleagues and customers.
* Professional Institution accredited Degree or Post Graduate qualification in a scientific or engineering discipline.
* A passion for the development of team members.
* Strong communication skills both written and oral.
* A willingness to work on defence related tasks.
* Essential that the post holder is or can be Security Cleared.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.