10 months ago
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Role Title and Location: Structural Engineer/Analyst (Stevenage)
Job Ref No: P8205S
Reports to: Team Lead Mechanical Analysis (UK)
Salary: Up to £45k DOE + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Full and Part time working considered
Are you looking for a new opportunity to demonstrate your skills and grow the depth and breadth of your knowledge? Does working in a multi-skilled, dynamic team motivate you?
Then look no further…At MBDA, there is the opportunity for you to work on a variety of projects that will stretch your skills and imagination as a Structural Engineer. Working for an internationally recognised company, delivering cutting-edge military systems, you will play a critical role in ensuring that MBDA’s products deliver the necessary performance against key customer requirements.
What are we looking for?
* Ideally degree qualified in a subject relevant to the role or demonstrable equivalent experience.
* Experience carrying out structural investigations (e.g. linear, non-linear, crash, fatigue, modal and vibration) to derive evidence on which to base product development decisions.
* Evidence of evaluating structural problems by ing both hand calculations and numerical based tools; e.g. Hypermesh, OptiStruct, Radioss, LS-Dyna, Mathcad, Nastran, Patran, Adams.
* Experience delivering verbal and written reports to either internal/external customers.
* People who are self-motivated, good problem solvers and can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
* Experience writing formal documents/deliverables on projects.
What’s in it for you?
* Fulfilling work that will stretch and grow your technical knowledge and ability.
* Working for a company that encourages collaboration and places a strong emphasis on looking after the welfare of its staff, whilst supporting their development.
* Various opportunities and support to help you develop your skills and knowledge through both structured and ‘on the job’ training.
* A choice of career paths allowing you to develop as either an Analysis Lead or Line Manager.
* Extensive opportunities to develop and build your networks and reputation across MBDA.
* Opportunities to shape the development of MBDA UK’s structural analysis capabilities.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
* Support communications with internal and external customers and suppliers on assigned projects as necessary.
* Plan, manage and deliver your own work, ensuring the delivery of outputs are to time and budget and problems are mitigated as and when they arise.
* Derive structural evidence on which to base product development decisions.
* Develop test requirements and guide trials teams in delivering against these requirements
* Produce and deliver verbal and written reports to internal and external customers and stakeholders to ratify design and equipment performance decisions.
What’s great about the team?
* Highly motivated with a strong desire to improve its effectiveness and influence across MBDA.
* A supportive, collaborative environment where people feel valued and are encouraged to achieve their full potential.
* Opportunity to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
* Delivers high priority work that is pivotal to structurally clearing MBDA UK’s military systems.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.